Bakugo vs Midoriya

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
DiggerShelduck
Org Profile

Bakugo vs Midoriya

Post by DiggerShelduck » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:53 am

im a newbie
how do you like it?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Bakugo vs Midoriya

Post by Kireblue » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:55 pm

Hi DiggerShelduck. I'd personally recommend against making AMVs that just use a single fight from a show. At that point, the viewer might as well just watch the anime episode. I'ts a lot more interesting when AMVs use footage from a number of different episodes to reflect and highlight the lyrics of the song more. I actually think that this song would have been great for character profile video that's just Bakugo (and uses footage from the whole series).

vkamv
Org Profile

Post by vkamv » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:12 am

DiggerShelduck wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:53 am
DiggerShelduck wrote:im a newbie
how do you like it?
Audio/Visual: Your source material was very crisp and clean, and I liked your subtle color correction and grading. The contrast gave it a nice little pop and enhanced the mood and feel. I also thought your choice of effects were okay, and they blended well enough into the original animation. I did think the warp at 0:17 was a bit too strong; also, the twirl at 0:23 felt a bit cheap. The song I thought fit well with the animation and a good choice for a fight scene.

Synchronization: You did an excellent job finding scenes within the anime to match with the various beats in the song. I particularly liked what you did at 0:14 to 0:16. I also enjoyed the mix between internal sync and external effects there. On first watch I didn’t feel too impressed by the overall sync, but after watching it a few times I can say that it was better than the sync work in your previous AMV from Mob Psycho 100. Felt more natural and consistent here.

Story/Theme: A lot of people complain about single fight AMVs, and for good reason; they can be boring and lazy. But I actually enjoyed this one due to the fact you cut out a lot of the original melodramatic, talking scenes and made the fight a lot tighter and focused. I did wish that you remixed the fight a bit more and not stayed so linearly faithful to the original material. It’s your AMV; make the scenes your own and be as creative as you want with them.

Overall it was an interesting watch. Nice work! You definitely have skill and I hope you continue making and posting AMVs.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:32 pm

This was well-edited. You've got a good sense of timing and used your transitions pretty effectively.

The tone of the song definitely matched the intensity of the action, but the lyrics didn't have much of anything to do with what's happening on the screen. This isn't a deal-breaker but it probably kept me from feeling totally engaged with this.

You should definitely try your hand at a project outside of the X vs Y-style action AMV, you've got the tools and the skills to do it.

DiggerShelduck
Org Profile

Post by DiggerShelduck » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:35 am

seasons wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:32 pm
This was well-edited. You've got a good sense of timing and used your transitions pretty effectively.

The tone of the song definitely matched the intensity of the action, but the lyrics didn't have much of anything to do with what's happening on the screen. This isn't a deal-breaker but it probably kept me from feeling totally engaged with this.

You should definitely try your hand at a project outside of the X vs Y-style action AMV, you've got the tools and the skills to do it.
im currently working on a different AMV style
kind of a romance
you'll know it when you see it

DiggerShelduck
Org Profile

Post by DiggerShelduck » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:36 am

vkamv wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:12 am
vkamv wrote:
DiggerShelduck wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:53 am
DiggerShelduck wrote:im a newbie
how do you like it?
Audio/Visual: Your source material was very crisp and clean, and I liked your subtle color correction and grading. The contrast gave it a nice little pop and enhanced the mood and feel. I also thought your choice of effects were okay, and they blended well enough into the original animation. I did think the warp at 0:17 was a bit too strong; also, the twirl at 0:23 felt a bit cheap. The song I thought fit well with the animation and a good choice for a fight scene.

Synchronization: You did an excellent job finding scenes within the anime to match with the various beats in the song. I particularly liked what you did at 0:14 to 0:16. I also enjoyed the mix between internal sync and external effects there. On first watch I didn’t feel too impressed by the overall sync, but after watching it a few times I can say that it was better than the sync work in your previous AMV from Mob Psycho 100. Felt more natural and consistent here.

Story/Theme: A lot of people complain about single fight AMVs, and for good reason; they can be boring and lazy. But I actually enjoyed this one due to the fact you cut out a lot of the original melodramatic, talking scenes and made the fight a lot tighter and focused. I did wish that you remixed the fight a bit more and not stayed so linearly faithful to the original material. It’s your AMV; make the scenes your own and be as creative as you want with them.

Overall it was an interesting watch. Nice work! You definitely have skill and I hope you continue making and posting AMVs.
thanks for the reply and the compliments
ill use your tips for my future AMVs

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”