Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel | The End

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Tsiahiv
Org Profile

Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel | The End

Post by Tsiahiv » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:51 am

Been wanting to get back into AMVs for a while now. Here's a quick stab using only the Heaven's Feel Movie.

vkamv
Org Profile

Re: Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel | The End

Post by vkamv » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:48 am

Audio/Visual: Your source material was pretty good for 720p. Your choice of effects was simple but for the most part effective. I particularly liked your sequence of transitions between 0:44 – 0:52. It flowed very seamlessly for me there. I also enjoyed that you didn’t rely a lot on harsh cross-fades but had a good mix of cuts and slightly blurred cross-fades. The song is old, and I’ve probably heard it a hundred time if not more, but I did think the lyrics and visuals did fit well.

Synchronization: You did an excellent job finding scenes to not only match the various pace shifts in the song but also the lyrics. Nice emotional scenes for the slow pace sections and good action, high emotion, scenes for the higher tempo sections of the song. I haven’t seen this movie yet but didn’t feel lost watching the AMV.

The sync at 1:18 to 1:23, however, felt a bit odd too me. The zooms weren’t a bad choice, but I feel like they weren’t anchored to any specific beat which made them feel random.

Story/Theme: The AMV kind of felt like a summary of the movie. I’m not sure if there was one specific theme or point you were going for since you switched between character’s a lot. Perhaps you felt that all the characters in this AMV had stories that matched the overall theme of the song.

Overall, I thought this was a clean and well made AMV. Hope you continue to make more.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel | The End

Post by Kionon » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:07 am

Hit that play button and uh-oh, LinkinRolled.

Never seen FSN, but a lot of people around me have so I know a lot more than I usually would about a series I've never seen. My only real complaint is that you didn't end on the vantage point you started with, and this was really jarring to me. And, of course, this song is one of, if not the most, overused song in the history of AMVs.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”