Tokyo Ghoul Warpaint :)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
nankura
Org Profile

Tokyo Ghoul Warpaint :)

Post by nankura » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:01 am

Category: Action, Drama, Character Profile
Anime: Tokyo Ghoul
Song: War Paint
Artist: Kelly Clarkson
Creator: Nankura ( im unsure how to link my profile not much to see anyway >3< )

I am new here !! and my friend said i should post my video's here so please be forgiving! i make little AMV's based on how i feel at the time and my inspiration, each is a story of my emotions >3< , i'm not really a pro or anything, i just do it for fun and my friend said to put myself out there >3<

vkamv
Org Profile

Re: Tokyo Ghoul Warpaint :)

Post by vkamv » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:04 pm

Audio/Visual: I thought that your contrast/exposure was a bit too much. It made the majority of the scenes look overexposed and washed out. Parts were too dark and other parts of the scene were too bright. I see what you were trying to do. Contrast can be effective for mood, but I think if you turned the setting down in half it would be much easier to watch, and you’d accomplish your same intent. I did like your color corrections and the color hues you chose. It gave the work a personal touch.

The song was a good fit for the AMV. It had a good balance of slow and fast tempo parts, and fitting lyrics. Some of the scenes, however, visually felt a bit static. Like at 2:17 – 2:24. I think if you added a slow zoom or camera pan too them it would make it more dynamic. Not an extreme zoom or pan, around the 5 percent range.

Synchronization: The sync was good for the most part. You matched the high tempo parts with higher intensity scenes, and the lower tempo parts of slower scenes. There were scenes that I feel linger a bit too long and could have been more tightly cut. There was also lip flap scattered throughout the video that didn’t sync to the lyrics and therefore can distract the viewer. Something that doesn’t bother me but does bother others.

Story/Theme: I thought you did a good job organizing the clips together to match the song and convey to the viewer your interpretation of the anime characters and their conflicts. I do feel that only people who watched the anime would understand why you paired certain scenes together with certain lyrics, like at 0:56 to 1:37.

Overall, I thought this was an interesting AMV. The video felt like a mix of action, drama, and character profile. Nice job.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”