Top Gunbuster

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Top Gunbuster

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:34 pm

Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone.

vkamv
Org Profile

Re: Top Gunbuster

Post by vkamv » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:59 pm

Audio/Visual: Visually I thought it was good. It appears that you decided to stick very close to the original source material and not try to change it with color grading or corrections.

You also kept it in its original resolution instead of zooming in and to make it wide screen. I believe these choices allowed it to have a very retro feel. Your choice of transitions and effects were fairly basic as well. Cross fades, fade to blacks/whites, and simple cuts. Not a bad choice, and further gave it a more retro feel which I feel matched the feel and mood of the song.

Synchronization: The sync was pretty solid from start to finish. The song started fairly upbeat and you matched it with nice training scenes, which reminded me of something you would see in an 80s music video. When the song slowed down you accordingly matched it with slower scenes and atmospheric scenes, like at 1:55 – 2:07.

The only part that bothered me a bit, and took me out of the video, was 1:14 to 1:22. I thought the cuts there were too quick and you could have lingered a little bit longer on each scene to give the viewer a chance to understand what their seeing.

I did really like how you synced the visuals with the beat of the song at 2:28 – 2:35. Very nice use of scenes.

Story/Theme: If you were going to a fairly retro and 80s feel I believe you succeeded, because that’s how I perceived it. I haven’t seen this anime so I can’t comment on whether you diverged from the original story a lot or not. The theme seemed fairly generic: face your trails and overcome them.

Overall, an enjoyable watch.

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:25 pm

vkamv wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:59 pm
If you were going to a fairly retro and 80s feel I believe you succeeded, because that’s how I perceived it.
Makes me happy to hear because that's exactly what I was going for! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:38 pm

TsunderbirdSeth wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:34 pm
This was excellent. Straight out of my childhood and directly into my permanent collection. Makes me want to remaster my own Danger Zone video, assuming it's possible to find an HD version of Airbats. Is this a BD release of Gunbuster?
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:43 pm

Kionon wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:38 pm
Kionon wrote:
TsunderbirdSeth wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:34 pm
This was excellent. Straight out of my childhood and directly into my permanent collection. Makes me want to remaster my own Danger Zone video, assuming it's possible to find an HD version of Airbats. Is this a BD release of Gunbuster?
Glad you enjoyed it, and yep, it's a BD release!

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:53 am

Mhm interesing , i would say it's decent, thought not entirely my thing i think D:. Anyways not bad
Still better than that MMO.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:43 pm

Enjoyable from beginning to end. This looked great, the editing was great, just a top-notch action video that delivers the goods.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”