MOB VS KOYAMA

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
DiggerShelduck
Org Profile

MOB VS KOYAMA

Post by DiggerShelduck » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:15 pm

critics appreciated
Last edited by DiggerShelduck on Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vkamv
Org Profile

Re: MOB VS KOYAMA

Post by vkamv » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:48 pm

DiggerShelduck wrote:

critics apprecuated
Audio/Visual: The source material was very clean and I liked you contrast/lower exposure work. Made the animation pop out a bit. Your choice of zoom and rotate effects were effective as well. They weren’t overboard and didn’t distract but enhanced the feel and added your unique touch to the fight.

Synchronization: I felt the sync of the fight didn’t always match the pace of the song. For example, at 1:18 to 1:30 the song was at a subdued tone but your scenes were very action packed and the cuts were very rapid. Didn’t feel in sync to me.

I suppose it would be hard to stay in sync since you've limited your scene selection to a single fight, and therefore, can't use other scenes for the more slower pace.

I did think your sync at 0:39 and 1:45 was great and on cue.

Story/Theme: You did a good job matching the song to the fight for the most part. There wasn’t much of a story since you only focused on one fight, but that was the intent.

An enjoyable watch.
Last edited by vkamv on Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DiggerShelduck
Org Profile

Post by DiggerShelduck » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:10 pm

vkamv wrote:
DiggerShelduck wrote:

critics apprecuated
Audio/Visual: The source material was very clean and I liked you contrast/lower exposure work. Made the animation pot out a bit. You chose of zoom and rotate effects were effective as well. They weren’t overboard and didn’t distract but enhanced the feel and added your unique touch to the fight.

Synchronization: I felt the sync of the fight didn’t always match the pace of the song. For example, at 1:18 to 1:30 the song was at a subdued tone but your scenes were very action packed and the cuts were very rapid. Didn’t feel in sync to me.

I suppose it would be hard to stay in sync since you've limited you scene selection to a single fight, and therefore, can't use other scenes for the more slower pace.

I did think your sync at 0:39 and 1:45 was great and on cue.

Story/Theme: You did a good job matching the song to the fight for the most part. There wasn’t much of a story since you only focused on one fight, but that was the intent.

An enjoyable watch.
Thank you for the feedback
I'll definitely apply your tips on my upcoming amvs

Lylaaz
Org Profile

Post by Lylaaz » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:24 am

Hi!
I liked the quality of the source material and i think transitions were the best part. I really liked your transitions.
However only focusing on one fight can give you perhaps views on youtube but AMV quality-wise it can turn out a bit boring since i know there is nothing more to it than just one fight. To make 1 fight very interesting to watch you really need to work on sync. I also think the scenes were changing a bit too slow,so part that felt like could have been improved with pacing better with the music :)

I think overall nice AMV but could have had more changes of scenes to make it more interesting. ;)

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:08 am

The first 40 seconds was relatively mellow compared to everything that followed, so yeah, that makes sense given how the big drop comes in 0:40, but still, there's still lots of action in this part, so the changes that happen at around 0:40 didn't hit me as hard as I felt like they possibly could have.

Single fight-style AMVs really aren't my thing so I don't even want to try to evaluate this. I thought the editing was good, the concept was something I've seen a million times before, would have loved to see something of a twist on it here but that's a tall order, I guess.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”