BNHA AMV/Trailer - The Hero's Journey

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Tyrfalger
Org Profile

BNHA AMV/Trailer - The Hero's Journey

Post by Tyrfalger » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:12 am

Oof been a while since I worked on something, hope you enjoy.
Where words fail, music speaks.

vkamv
Org Profile

Re: BNHA AMV/Trailer - The Hero's Journey

Post by vkamv » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:05 pm

Tyrfalger wrote:

Oof been a while since I worked on something, hope you enjoy.
Audio/Visual: Your source material was very clean and your use of color grading/correction was great. Didn’t distract, and it enhanced the visuals. The song was a good fit as well. Slow start which gradually transitions into a more epic mood/feel.

Synchronization: You did an excellent job finding scenes to internally sync with the beat and shifts within the song. As the intensity of the song increased your scene selection increased in intensity as well. Good use of fade to blacks as well to emphasize hard stops and transitions. Really liked your sync work from 2:20 to 2:33.

Theme/Story: I wouldn’t consider this a traditional trailer. It didn’t have any dialogue, and if someone who has seen the show watched it, they wouldn’t really understand it. I saw it more akin to an opening video you would see in a video game, ie, Final Fantasy games from the 90s. Reminded me of the opening video for FF8 for some reason. Maybe similar to a teaser.

Overall it was enjoyable to watch and impactful. Great job.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:35 am

The editing was pretty good, but it was a little hard to stay invested in it. I kinda feel that the video would have been a bit more interesting if it had audio lines from the dub in it.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:02 pm

Kireblue wrote:The editing was pretty good, but it was a little hard to stay invested in it. I kinda feel that the video would have been a bit more interesting if it had audio lines from the dub in it.
I kind of feel the same way here. This video feels like a movie trailer, or it just feels like there's something missing from it.

The editing is competent and clean and the structure is sound. It looks and sounds great, especially the second half.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”