Eden's Children [Trigun]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Mysunsai
Org Profile

Eden's Children [Trigun]

Post by Mysunsai » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:58 pm

vkamv
Org Profile

Re: Eden's Children [Trigun]

Post by vkamv » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:30 pm

Visual/Audio: Visually you stayed very faithful to the source material and your usage of effects were minimum (if any?). Which isn’t a knock, just an observation, and something that worked for this video. The song fit the visuals well enough, and kept me interested throughout. Good beat and deeper than typical lyrics.

Synchronization: You did a good job using visual internal sync at various parts in this AMV. Particularly at 1:14 – 1:26. I believe those kind of connections would help a viewer who isn’t acquainted with the anime to get an understanding of the plot and conflict, if they pay enough attention. On first watch some sections felt as if the scene cuts were too quick, but on second watch it didn’t bother me as much. So perhaps it’s just a matter of perception. I still think from 2:49 to 3:00 the scenes were to short and could have benefited from being a bit longer each. I don’t believe the pace of the song at that moment justified the fast frequency of cuts and it was hard to focus because of the frequent scene changes.

Story/Theme: This was actually one of the first anime that I saw at a young age, and caused me to be interested in anime. Therefore, it has a special place in my heart. I really liked how you focused on the brothers and their story, which truly was the highlight of the anime.

Overall, it was enjoyable to watch and contemplate. Definitely an AMV I’d watch several times to really sink into it. Nice work.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:01 pm

This was really, really good. I wasn't sold on it for the first minute or two (mainly because of the song) but the editing here was so tight and your storytelling so on-point that I was riveted by the end. Even though I've seen many Trigun videos that tell the same story and have a similar mood, this is a welcome addition. Great work!

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:51 pm

This AMV is probably one of the best Trigun AMVs.

Also, I wasn’t really into the song either but you really made the most of it.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:48 pm

Quality old school Trigun AMV.

Have a Dancing Vash:

ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”