[AMV] TAKE ME

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Dreamer AMV
Org Profile

[AMV] TAKE ME

Post by Dreamer AMV » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:58 am

vkamv
Org Profile

Re: [AMV] TAKE ME

Post by vkamv » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:28 pm

I’m not going to lie. I actually really enjoyed this video. :)

Audio/Visual: You did a great job mixing the scenes together to match the mood and feel of the song. I also liked your effects, the exposure transitions, zooms, and color grading. The parts that stood out the most for me was how you mixed different scenes together to create an impact. Very effective.

I also liked your masking at 1:49, it really created a unique feel and accentuated the beat of the song. It could have been a little more smoothly blended though. Perhaps next time blur the scenes in the background so that it adds some depth between the overlapped scenes.

The fact that the song was relatively short I believe was a positive.

Synchronization: I thought the sync was great from start to finish. I particularly enjoyed the work you did in the last minute. The intensity of the scenes matched the increase in the intensity of the song. And as I mentioned previously, I liked the mask effect at 1:49 to sync with the beat.

Story/Theme: This felt like a summary AMV of the whole movie. Not sure if that was your intent or not, but that’s how it came across to me. I didn’t feel it added anything necessarily new to the anime. That’s not a negative though (I've done similar vids myself).

Like I said, I really enjoyed watching this.

Dreamer AMV
Org Profile

Post by Dreamer AMV » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:33 am

vkamv wrote:
I’m not going to lie. I actually really enjoyed this video. :)

Audio/Visual: You did a great job mixing the scenes together to match the mood and feel of the song. I also liked your effects, the exposure transitions, zooms, and color grading. The parts that stood out the most for me was how you mixed different scenes together to create an impact. Very effective.

I also liked your masking at 1:49, it really created a unique feel and accentuated the beat of the song. It could have been a little more smoothly blended though. Perhaps next time blur the scenes in the background so that it adds some depth between the overlapped scenes.

The fact that the song was relatively short I believe was a positive.

Synchronization: I thought the sync was great from start to finish. I particularly enjoyed the work you did in the last minute. The intensity of the scenes matched the increase in the intensity of the song. And as I mentioned previously, I liked the mask effect at 1:49 to sync with the beat.

Story/Theme: This felt like a summary AMV of the whole movie. Not sure if that was your intent or not, but that’s how it came across to me. I didn’t feel it added anything necessarily new to the anime. That’s not a negative though (I've done similar vids myself).

Like I said, I really enjoyed watching this.
It really made me happy to see your coment, it's so deep and organized that I coundn't help surprise me :shock:

Actually, I think that your idea about add some blur in the scenes of the masking at 1:49 is totally great! I didn't know how I couldn't think it before! I must be a totally mess :lol: I'll try to remember it to my futures proyects, thanks you!

About the song, its more longer originaly (3:30) but I edited it to be more short. Like you said, I thought it would be better to be shorter too.

And about the story. You right, it's like a summary of the movie itself, but I don't think it was my intention. My purpose was to give the protegonist's thought of repentance for having made a mistake that he could not redeem in the past and try not to run away from them (be bad with the girl, try to commit suicide and seek for forgiveness, for example) as the meaning of the lyrics of the song says. So, the film perfectly exposes this case and did not need to create new content to make an AMV of it, but I did need to eliminate many other important things that are happen in the film (scenes and characters that open a range of themes of social discourse) So I don't think it was a good summary if I said it.

Thanks again for the comment, I really appreciate, and sorry for my english, it's not my first lenguaje so I can be a disaster with it. :oops:

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:05 am

I enjoyed the video a lot. I liked your cuts. I haven't seen this movie, but I know the plot in some detail and I've seen numerous enough AMVs to easily follow the thought process behind those cuts. I have never heard of Saosin, but I was thinking if it was a new song, music really hasn't changed in like 20 years. Then I see it is a song from 12 years ago, and that makes a lot more sense.

I do not like credits, beginning or ending, to be included as part of the video. Not only does it make the video ineligible for contests, but it affects how I perceive the cleanliness of the video. You should include front and rear bumpers instead. I was annoyed by the credits at the beginning of the video, and I was jarred by the ending credit before the music had stopped.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”