ParaVenom - Parasyte Venom 2018 Trailer

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
vkamv
Org Profile

ParaVenom - Parasyte Venom 2018 Trailer

Post by vkamv » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:48 pm

My newest video. I don't know if anyone has done a mock trailer for Venom 2018 using Parasyte the Maxim already but here's mine. Hope you enjoy and find it entertaining.

Last edited by vkamv on Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: ParaVenom - Parasyte Venom 2018 Trailer

Post by Mol » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:06 am

I would say it works for most part, so not bad.
Still better than that MMO.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:25 am

This pairing was awesome! But I think that it could have used some more lip sync (especially in the beginning) to establish the characters more. Also, adding in more scenes to establish the main character as a reporter would have helped as well.

vkamv
Org Profile

Post by vkamv » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:18 pm

Kireblue wrote:This pairing was awesome! But I think that it could have used some more lip sync (especially in the beginning) to establish the characters more. Also, adding in more scenes to establish the main character as a reporter would have helped as well.
Thanks for taking the time to view a comment. Yeah, I should have introduced the mayor from Parasyte speaking at 0:35 to establish him as that voice. As for establishing the character as a reporter I'll have to see if there are more scenes to match that in the anime itself, or if I would have to do some masking and blending in scenes from other anime. The starting sequence happened fairly quickly too, so I'm not sure how many different scenes I could fit in the first fifteen seconds before he finds the dog without it looking cluttered.

vkamv
Org Profile

Post by vkamv » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:21 pm

Mol wrote:I would say it works for most part, so not bad.
Thanks for taking the time to view and comment. I've always thought that Parasyte was similar to Spiderman, but after making this video, I see it's more akin to Venom than Spiderman and was also pleased that the anime scenes fit so seamlessly with the trailer.

vkamv
Org Profile

Post by vkamv » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:29 pm

Kireblue wrote:This pairing was awesome! But I think that it could have used some more lip sync (especially in the beginning) to establish the characters more. Also, adding in more scenes to establish the main character as a reporter would have helped as well.

I took your suggestion and reworked the video. Does it flow better with the added lip syncs for mayor?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:02 pm

yeah, I like this version a little better :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”