DBZ Adele - New to .org

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
DanjamBarker
Org Profile

DBZ Adele - New to .org

Post by DanjamBarker » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:52 pm

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum. I just wanted to post something I did, for feedback. I haven't made an AMV in 15ish years, and I just remembered how much I used to love it. So...yeah...Here ya go.

(Vimeo is being slow, if it doesn't load, try again.)

[ Fixed Vimeo Embed - Kionon ]

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: DBZ Adele - New to .org

Post by Kionon » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:33 am

Everything old is new again.

I think your cuts are too long, even if this is a slow song. Also, I would suggest trying to eliminate some of that lip flap.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

dazza1008
Org Profile

Post by dazza1008 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:51 am

I don't watch DBZ, and perhaps fans would get a bigger kick out of it~

That said - the beginning where there's lip flap, the visuals don't seem to match the song at all. I guess I would want it edited/altered a bit? Like some kind of manipulation of a still image to make it a bit slower/more mystery behind what's going on with the visuals to match the suspense building of the song at the beginning.

I guess the only connection is the 'skyfall' and the fact the sky is falling - I couldn't see any more connection here. Again I don't know these characters, but there's no emotional loss for the main character (dude with the spiky blonde hair?) that the visuals conveyed. I'd expect that as that's what I FEEL when I hear the song. But the connection seemed to only be on the surface.
A DBZ fan might get a different reaction, but food for thought.

But if you're enjoying it, at least you're doing something right ^___^

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:21 am

dazza1008 wrote:the beginning where there's lip flap, the visuals don't seem to match the song at all.
When the lyrics begin, the villain (?) starts talking and it looks for a second or two like he’s singing in Adele’s voice.

This is a slow song, makes sense to use longer cuts, but much as I hate to say it, some fades or slow zooms or something might have made the longer cuts feel a little more intriguing or less static.

Do you still have your AMVs from 15 years ago?

dazza1008
Org Profile

Post by dazza1008 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:44 am

My AMVs from 15 years ago? Hey, relax - no need to get so defensive!! I think most feedback around here will be points for improvement. Don't take it so personal ;p
Also, I hope that I gave info as to my exposure to DBZ, so you could judge whether the feedback felt right.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:56 pm

dazza1008 wrote:My AMVs from 15 years ago?
I meant to ask the OP, not sure why it slipped into my comment where I quoted part of your post.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”