Pleader [Alt-J + Neon Genesis Evangelion]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.

yKazari
Org Profile

Re: Pleader [Alt-J + Neon Genesis Evangelion]

Post by yKazari » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:41 pm

Just as good as your last one, great build up!
Almost passed it due to the time but im glad I didn't
Yukimi Kazari "Kazari da Editor"
Studio Setup: MacBook Pro 2017 (i7 3.1GHz), HP 32q, CalDigit TS3+, Apple Magic Keyboard/Mouse/Trackpad

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Pleader [Alt-J + Neon Genesis Evangelion]

Post by seasons » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:38 pm

Yeah, I liked the build up during the first two minutes. Even though I've seen this anime many times and been through this footage more times than I can remember, it was never clear where you were going and it felt suspenseful and genuinely eerie.

Like your previous video, you established such a strange and unique tone here. I do prefer the original language audio track to use of the English dub (and yes, even the subtitles). Lip sync was spot on (as was avoiding lip flap in every other part of the video that didn't purposefully employ this) but on top of that, this was such a challenging and unusual song to try to do that with at all, and I thought the way you went about it was very clever and seemed to work as well as it possibly could.

This was very creative and unpredictable and cool.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”