Betrayal - Attack On Titan AMV

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Betrayal - Attack On Titan AMV

Post by The_McLaughlin » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:03 pm

I had been watching a lot of My Hero Academia lately and I actually really wanted to do a more upbeat amv of with that as the source. However I just couldn't find a song that would work for what I wanted to. In my searching I found this song and my first thought was that this would make a really good Attack on Titan AMV. I passed over it for a few weeks though but it kept coming back up and with NDK approaching quickly I decided to go ahead with the video. Despite not being quite what I originally wanted to put together this video quite surprised me in that not only did it make the NDK amv contest as an action finalist but also it won for best local editor and I'm pretty happy with how it came out. It was my first time making the finals at NDK and that was definitely a really cool experience. It was really cool to see my video playing at the contest with a bunch of other editors that I've looked up to for a really long time. Much thanks to Kisanzi for beta testing it for me.

vkamv
Org Profile

Re: Betrayal - Attack On Titan AMV

Post by vkamv » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:33 pm

A good action AMV. I thought that the scene selection was good and kept up with the pace of the song. I particularly liked the build up at 1:47 - 1:53 Some of the scenes early on, however, look like they were artificially sped up and were distractable because of it. I did like how you focused on the video primarily on Eren and his relationship with Bertholdt and Reiner. Nice video.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:11 pm

I feel that your editing was OK for the most part, but there were quite a few times where you really break the pace and consistent movement across scenes. I also feel that your scene placement was going back and forth too randomly. It was hard to keep up with any real narrative due to how randomly you jumped between the 3 seasons. Having somewhat of a more linear progression would have helped things a lot IMO

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:44 pm

I'm still kind of waiting for an Attack on Titan AMV that tells me something new about the series or encourages me to look at it in a new light. This AMV definitely emphasized all its action and the intense tone that prevails throughout so much of it. And the editing was effective. This was a decent action AMV. It just didn't take me anywhere else I haven't gone before, and maybe that's asking too much, but I guess in fairness it's the same thing I look for whenever I watch a video devoted to this source and this particular effort didn't really fare any better or worse compared to any others.

I find myself saying this a lot and I'm sorry: maybe I'm not the ideal audience for this video. But it will definitely deliver for anyone frustrated with the current season and its relative lack of Titans vs scouts battle scenes.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”