Houseki no Kuni AMV - Land of the Lustrous

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
PsiKro
Org Profile

Houseki no Kuni AMV - Land of the Lustrous

Post by PsiKro » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:47 pm

Hi all, i wanted to share a new AMV i made after a 8 year hiatus.

hope you enjoy it!

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Houseki no Kuni AMV - Land of the Lustrous

Post by seasons » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:20 pm

I kind of liked this.

It was sometimes difficult to tell exactly what you were syncing to, especially when it came to some of the hyper-fast cuts. Then again, sometimes these parts worked extremely well.

The whole time I was watching this, I felt like you were passing on chances to sync on the big beats, which I guess could have been too predictable, but maybe it could be been really satisfying, too. Shots like the one at 0:56 (where the screen itself appears to crack), may have worked better to emphasize a big shift in the song. But now I'm just talking about how I would edit the video and not about the video that you made. Just thinking out loud here.

I'm really into the sort of thing that you do every time the chorus kicks in. Some of this felt imperfectly-synced but the general effect still worked for me.

Looking forward to your next work, hope we get it before 2026.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:23 pm

You did a good job at making the anime look interesting, but it was kinda hard to pick up any context about what and why things were happening.

vkamv
Org Profile

Post by vkamv » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:45 pm

This was an interesting AMV. I haven't seen this anime yet, so I can't be certain, but it looks like you focused primarily on a single fight (perhaps the last fight)? You did a good job syncing the scenes to the beat and pace of the song, and your choice of effect was intriguing. I do think some of your cuts were too quick, like at 1:49 - 1:50 and 1:54 - 1:55, where a scene would appear for what appeared to be a single frame and then switch. I found it a bit distracting. Other than that, I found it to be an enjoyable watch. Well done.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”