Shinji: In The Flesh? (Pink Floyd)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: Shinji: In The Flesh? (Pink Floyd)

Post by Kionon » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:32 am

Toji1996 wrote:Hi everyone, this is my first-ever AMV. I hope you enjoy.
Yes. Yes. And yes, again.

The felt like a classic video straight out of the late 90s,early 2000s, and I loved every single insane moment of it.

This is a keeper.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:10 pm

This was really, really good.

There's some slow stuff going on between 0:50 and 1:30. "Slow" is not the right word but I initially found myself kind of tuning out during this part and thinking that I'd basically seen the whole video at this point. This would quickly turn out to be a very wrong hunch.

There's a transition between scenes here that feels like one of the cleverest things I've ever seen in an AMV, or at least one of the biggest "why didn't anyone do this before?"-kind of ideas that seems impossible given how many Eva videos I've watched over the years.

I hope people watch this!

vkamv
Org Profile

Post by vkamv » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:56 pm

Nice AMV. I think you did an excellent job with the scene selection and also mixing audio in from the anime with the music.

yKazari
Org Profile

Post by yKazari » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:12 pm

WOW that was really dang good if that really is your first AMV, really good flow

I rally liked your transitions with the drum, sever seen that before. Like the chromakey you did with the sand too

Only thing I really noticed so far was a extra frame around 0:08 and 0:13 where it looked out of place
Yukimi Kazari "Kazari da Editor"
Studio Setup: MacBook Pro 2017 (i7 3.1GHz), HP 32q, CalDigit TS3+, Apple Magic Keyboard/Mouse/Trackpad

Toji1996
Org Profile

Post by Toji1996 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:18 pm

Thanks all!
seasons wrote:This was really, really good.

There's some slow stuff going on between 0:50 and 1:30. "Slow" is not the right word but I initially found myself kind of tuning out during this part and thinking that I'd basically seen the whole video at this point. This would quickly turn out to be a very wrong hunch.

There's a transition between scenes here that feels like one of the cleverest things I've ever seen in an AMV, or at least one of the biggest "why didn't anyone do this before?"-kind of ideas that seems impossible given how many Eva videos I've watched over the years.

I hope people watch this!
I'd say "slow" is a good word. There might've been a couple of things that could've been done to sustain interest during that point. I think there was initially more flashes of memories, etc., but after a couple of play-throughs I felt that it can be really hard on the eyes, so I removed them. Thanks for your feedback!
yKazari wrote:WOW that was really dang good if that really is your first AMV, really good flow

I rally liked your transitions with the drum, sever seen that before. Like the chromakey you did with the sand too

Only thing I really noticed so far was a extra frame around 0:08 and 0:13 where it looked out of place
Thanks for the feedback! Though if you're talking about the sand at 2:59, that's straight from the anime.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:53 pm

I'm not sure if I can say I liked this, but I appreciated it. I didn't think the NGE voiceovers in the first part of the video worked, or were necessary, but I liked the surrealism and experimental nature of the rest of the video. I may have to watch it some more, it might grow on me.

Toji1996
Org Profile

Post by Toji1996 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:15 pm

CrackTheSky wrote:I'm not sure if I can say I liked this, but I appreciated it. I didn't think the NGE voiceovers in the first part of the video worked, or were necessary, but I liked the surrealism and experimental nature of the rest of the video. I may have to watch it some more, it might grow on me.
Why don't you think the voiceovers worked?

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”