Antagonists AMV

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Alt_z3
Org Profile

Antagonists AMV

Post by Alt_z3 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:49 pm

Video: Antagonists
Category: Action, Character Profile
Anime: Legend of Korra (TV) (I know some say it isn't an anime, well it surely looks like one.)
Song: Centuries
Artist: Fall Out Boy
Creator: Alt_z3

Why hello there my dear community.

This unfinished work of mine is my first amv, after more then 5 years. It was supposed to be my big comeback, and well I didn't manage to do it. After 4 intensive months of editing at the end of 2016 and beginning of 2017 I made a break. Tried to get back to the project several times but I couldn't grasp the spark I had when I started this project. Everything I done after break was lacking in something and I always scratched it. So after more then a year of having this project in the drawer I thought to myself, why not release it. maybe someone will like it :) Maybe someone will remember me from the old days :D like real old.... :D:D:D haha

Oh the amv was meant to be about the vilains in Legend Of Korra. Sorry if this is not an anime :( I really enjoyed the show.

have a good watch

vkamv
Org Profile

Re: Antagonists AMV

Post by vkamv » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:04 pm

I thought you did an amazing job in this video. The scene selections blended beautifully with the beat of the song and I enjoyed your effect styles. What program do you use? After Effects? The effects had a wide range and didn't seem boring or overused, but truly enhanced the presentation. Looking forward to seeing the finished project.

Alt_z3
Org Profile

Post by Alt_z3 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:18 pm

vkamv wrote:I thought you did an amazing job in this video. The scene selections blended beautifully with the beat of the song and I enjoyed your effect styles. What program do you use? After Effects? The effects had a wide range and didn't seem boring or overused, but truly enhanced the presentation. Looking forward to seeing the finished project.
Really glad you liked it :)

All was done in premiere pro. Unfortunetaly I will not finish it. It was laying on the computer for more then a year now. That was all I was able to do after 6 years of no editing. I just wanted to share it. My wife loves it :D So I thought why not :)

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:44 am

Not my style of video editing, but very good indeed. What weirded me out is that it sounds like Fall Out Boy sampled Suzanne Vega's Tom's Diner for this track? I don't know Fall Out Boy, but I know Tom's Diner quite well. I just found that very jarring.

The centuries thing made a lot of sense, given these are legendary warriors, some of whom are reincarnations. My avatar-verse knowledge isn't great, except to know that things went wrong when Fire Nation attacked.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Alt_z3
Org Profile

Post by Alt_z3 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:09 am

Kionon wrote:Not my style of video editing, but very good indeed. What weirded me out is that it sounds like Fall Out Boy sampled Suzanne Vega's Tom's Diner for this track? I don't know Fall Out Boy, but I know Tom's Diner quite well. I just found that very jarring.
Not me to judge Fall out Boy :)

Too bad you don't enjoy this kind of editing. Smooth transitioning between scenes was my priority when editing this :)

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:42 am

Alt_z3 wrote:Too bad you don't enjoy this kind of editing. Smooth transitioning between scenes was my priority when editing this :)
I find it a bit hard on the eyes, with the motion blur and what-not. I think smoothness is, like most things, a very subjective experience. Note, I said it wasn't my kind of editing style, but by no means was that a criticism of the skill. That's an artistic decision, not a technical issue.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:36 am

witam i o zdrowie pytom :P
Klipson oke, przejscia oke, co prawda z czasem oko sie przyzwyczaja i w sumie juz tak plynnie sie nie wydaje potem ,a ale tam jest oke :P
Still better than that MMO.

Alt_z3
Org Profile

Post by Alt_z3 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:02 pm

Mol wrote:witam i o zdrowie pytom :P
Klipson oke, przejscia oke, co prawda z czasem oko sie przyzwyczaja i w sumie juz tak plynnie sie nie wydaje potem ,a ale tam jest oke :P
That is the most wacky comment i got up to date :D And yes I understood it all. :)

Best regards champ!

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:28 pm

Mialem nadzieje ze poznasz , smuteczek :'( Widac zmienianie nickow szkodzi Tu majkel Elo
Still better than that MMO.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:56 pm

You know, I was really into this, as kind of tired as I am of this kind of AMV. And then it just ended. And yeah, you did say it was unfinished, but I guess what I'm saying is that I was caught up enough in this to forget that you just mentioned that, so the sudden end took me by surprise.

Straight action editing doesn't do a lot for me but I thought you did a really fantastic job with it here.

Effects were mostly great. Like, 65% great, 25% good, 10% maybe let's work on this part here some more. It would take me a long time to do a detailed tally of what I liked and didn't like here, and since you said you're done with this video, you're probably not interested in that. (And if the video was ever completed, some of those less-refined effects would probably get cleaned up a lot).

I really enjoyed the flow of this and it made me want to drop everything and just watch Korra all over again. You sure you're done with this video? Seemed like you were on a roll, despite your personal account of how much of a pain in the ass this was to work on.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”