Mustache

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
doomfish
Org Profile

Mustache

Post by doomfish » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:07 am

A little idea I had lying around since forever and now decided to flesh out to submit it to the Connichi 2018 Open AMV-contest.
I ran out of time, so some parts could use more editing, but it's all I envisioned for this and it's final now. At least I got some practice using transitions.
The idea behind this fun trashy video is how Naota wants to be all grown up, something symbolized by the slapping on of some fake eyebrows. I felt the line "I want my mustache to grow" reflected that. And that's all there really is to this. The rest was mostly me trying to match the chaos.
Enjoy!

Youtube:

On here:

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Mustache

Post by seasons » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:16 pm

I don't know if I literally LOLed at this or not but I sat through this feeling as perplexed and completely lost as I ever have while watching an AMV.

This was never predictable and always creative and pretty much the definition of a "fun" AMV.

Like, I would never listen to music like this on my own (who cares, I know, I'm just saying) but every clip you included here worked with the lyrics and the music and made it so weirdly enjoyable. I didn't think I needed any more FLCL videos in my life but this one proved me wrong once again.

This is your first video in ten years?

vkamv
Org Profile

Post by vkamv » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:10 pm

Very creative and fun AMV. You definitely did a good job "matching the chaos" of the song, and I really liked how you kept the length relatively short. Sometimes with these type of chaotic AMVs they can run a tad too long and lose their appeal halfway through, but yours kept me entertained from start to finish.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:29 am

This video were featured in the August 2018 Edition for Monthly AMVs as "Must Watch"

doomfish
Org Profile

Post by doomfish » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:43 am

seasons wrote:I didn't think I needed any more FLCL videos in my life but this one proved me wrong once again.
I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I came up with the idea in 2013. I played with the idea of including the never FLCL series, but I don't think that would have hit the right spot. Maybe FLCL is a gift that keeps giving.
seasons wrote:This is your first video in ten years?
Technicially no. I have edited another one for the Connichi '18 contest shortly before this one, but since the contest hasn't ended yet, I can't make that one public just yet. But I'm still taking first steps in getting into the thing. This was me practicing transitions.
vkamv wrote:and I really liked how you kept the length relatively short.
Thanks! I feel like the outro credits are way too long. I didn't know what to do there, as the second BIG FINISH line transitions into that song, so I just kept the whole thing. Now those credits are like 30% of the AMV. Oops.
lloyd9988 wrote:This video were featured in the August 2018 Edition for Monthly AMVs as "Must Watch"
Oh my! Cool.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:21 am

I just don't have words for this :rofl:
Glad that you uploaded it though :awesome: *goes to download and add to my archive*

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:07 am

Primo artistic endeavour.

|:> :awesome: :amv:

Have a Diana gif:

ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

XxAzazel
Org Profile

Post by XxAzazel » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:41 am

How can i hate this clip , it's hilarious i'm dying right now !

FoxJones
The foxiest!
Org Profile

Post by FoxJones » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:37 pm

This made me snicker... good stuff!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”