Live to Be Strong

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
TheDestineeAMV
Org Profile

Live to Be Strong

Post by TheDestineeAMV » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:29 pm

Entered this into SMASH! 2018, and since it's over now, that means I can post it, right? Well, I admit that the theme of this AMV wasn't a super original idea but I learned quite a bit from working on this video and still like it nevertheless. Hope you like it too!

P.S. I also just realized that this is a messed up version of the video after I had uploaded and deleted the work folder I was working on for this... *nervous laughter* :oops: Major RIP on my part, but hopefully you still like it

TheDestineeAMV
Org Profile

Re: Live to Be Strong

Post by TheDestineeAMV » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:16 pm

Updated video! I found a good version of this and so here it is haha :D

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:14 pm

What? A "Little Wonders" AMV that's NOT named after computer hardware?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:47 pm

TheDestineeAMV wrote:

I really liked it cannot believe that no one else but Scintilla gave it a comment, of course, Scintilla makes a good point...
Scintilla wrote:What? A "Little Wonders" AMV that's NOT named after computer hardware?
This is one of those songs that is so tied up in one single AMV for many in this part of the hobby, myself included, that as much I liked this video, that song will always belong to Ivy Bridge, at least to my feelings. Also, Ivy Bridge takes the lyrics in a different direction than you do. And while Ivy Bridge is about parenthood and family, yours is more about personal growth, confidence, and romance.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:40 am

I enjoyed the simplicity of this, the gentle transitions you used, basically just the patience that you had in editing this and how you told a story with the lyrics and the visuals without text or effects.

Good stuff!

vkamv
Org Profile

Post by vkamv » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:58 pm

TheDestineeAMV wrote:

I have never heard this song nor see (or heard of) this anime, so it was a completely unbiased watching of this video for me. I feel I have to watch it again to get a better understanding of what was happening, but I still found it enjoyable. Your pacing was great and I enjoyed your choice of transitions. As a tip, there's a way to make cross-fades softer. You blur the end of the first clip or the start of the second and the cross-fade is softer as a result. I think that type of technique would fit this AMV well and match the "dreamy" feel. All in all, great work.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”