Steins;Gate 0 - Through the Walls

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Cneq
Org Profile

Steins;Gate 0 - Through the Walls

Post by Cneq » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:47 pm

New Steins;Gate 0 AMV I made. It was blocked on youtube so use the vimeo link to view the entire thing ^^

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Steins;Gate 0 - Through the Walls

Post by seasons » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:38 am

You can also host your works on this very site, which will never take your videos down without your permission!

Cneq
Org Profile

Post by Cneq » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:39 am

seasons wrote:You can also host your works on this very site, which will never take your videos down without your permission!
Yeah I need to get around to working on uploading stuff here. Have to download and figure out the whole FTP client stuff and try to encode my current and future AMV's since most if not all of them are 350+ mbs

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:36 pm

Cneq wrote:Yeah I need to get around to working on uploading stuff here. Have to download and figure out the whole FTP client stuff
The web uploader should work now, so you shouldn't need to mess with FTP.

Cneq
Org Profile

Post by Cneq » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:59 am

CrackTheSky wrote:
Cneq wrote:Yeah I need to get around to working on uploading stuff here. Have to download and figure out the whole FTP client stuff
Ah well that's good to hear. I had a look and it still seems my 300mb+ files wont do. I'll try to look into how to encode my AMV's so I can reduce that file size. Thanks for letting me know ^^

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:23 am

Cneq wrote:
CrackTheSky wrote:
Ah well that's good to hear. I had a look and it still seems my 300mb+ files wont do. I'll try to look into how to encode my AMV's so I can reduce that file size. Thanks for letting me know ^^
AMVTool from our own Meatwad should do it. I'm also going to be working on a by the numbers, with pictures guide to the web uploader. But it should be pretty simple.

I've seen you login a number of times, but I haven't seen you post.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:25 am

I like the pairing of Steins gate with this song, but I do feel that you were hung up on certain scenes for too long. Fore example, you spent about 25 seconds on the first shooting, and then another 50 seconds on the 2nd one. Even though you're syncing the footage and making cuts, staying on a particular scene for that long makes it less interesting IMO. I think you could have significantly condensed those scenes and uses the extra time to show footage from more episodes.

Cneq
Org Profile

Post by Cneq » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:54 am

Kionon wrote:
Cneq wrote:
CrackTheSky wrote:
AMVTool from our own Meatwad should do it. I'm also going to be working on a by the numbers, with pictures guide to the web uploader. But it should be pretty simple.

I've seen you login a number of times, but I haven't seen you post.
Thanks for the link to that, I'll download it and give it a go ^^

Cneq
Org Profile

Post by Cneq » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:01 am

Kireblue wrote:I like the pairing of Steins gate with this song, but I do feel that you were hung up on certain scenes for too long. Fore example, you spent about 25 seconds on the first shooting, and then another 50 seconds on the 2nd one. Even though you're syncing the footage and making cuts, staying on a particular scene for that long makes it less interesting IMO. I think you could have significantly condensed those scenes and uses the extra time to show footage from more episodes.
Yeah I see what you mean after giving it a re-watch. I honestly have a habit of trying to make every scene or sequence of scenes match up and make sense chronologically, which in turn hinders my creativity a bit and forces me to limit what scenes I decide to work with.

Thanks for the advice, it's something I definitely have a bit of trouble with and I think I need to try out some different ways of starting an AMV without getting tied down on making it all chronologically accurate ^^

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:08 am

Hmm... I think there must be something wrong with my connections. I see 38 seconds for the YouTube video and the Vimeo video is totally non-synced.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”