Madoka X Homura - Only One

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
vkamv
Org Profile

Madoka X Homura - Only One

Post by vkamv » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:53 pm

I've been working on this AMV for the past couple months. Trying different style of transitions, coloring, and pace. It focuses on the relationship between Homura Akemi and Madoka Kaname. I tried to create a few custom scenes by swapping backgrounds and masking. I also edited the song to make it shorter and so that it would fit the story better, in my opinion.

requiett
Org Profile

Re: Madoka X Homura - Only One

Post by requiett » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:53 pm

:up: Great edits & transitions. Pleasing to watch.

vkamv
Org Profile

Post by vkamv » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:12 am

requiett wrote::up: Great edits & transitions. Pleasing to watch.
Thanks for viewing and the kinds remarks. I also enjoyed your PMMM video, "A Nameless God", you had really interesting scene selection and great syncing to the music.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:20 am

I noticed this just got encoded for preview today while I was looking at the encoded list, so I went ahead and watched it. I am not the biggest fan of Madoka. Just too dark for me. But I always like Homura and Madoka's relationship and I enjoyed the song. Great editing all around. Very reviewable. I downloaded it and I will add it to my permanent collection.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:36 am

Not bad. I was a little meh on some of your effects at first, but the video came together pretty nicely. I'd personally recommend putting some time into fixing lip flap though. And it think that adding in a little more internal sync instead of relying on color effects is usually a more interesting way to sync IMO

vkamv
Org Profile

Post by vkamv » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:18 am

Kionon wrote:
I noticed this just got encoded for preview today while I was looking at the encoded list, so I went ahead and watched it. I am not the biggest fan of Madoka. Just too dark for me. But I always like Homura and Madoka's relationship and I enjoyed the song. Great editing all around. Very reviewable. I downloaded it and I will add it to my permanent collection.
Thanks for taking the time to view and comment on the video. I personally didn't think the show was dark enough. I read the mangas afterwards and liked the darker tone there. :) Homura is my favorite character from the show and the main reason I have it as one of my favorites. I made this video to put her story in a more linear fashion and hopefully show why she acted the we she did throughout the series. There weren't actually that many of scenes of Madoka and Homura together as allies in the show so I had to a bit creative with my scene selection.

I'm glad you liked it! Thanks!

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:22 am

If you don't think Madoka Magica is dark enough, then I suggest Magical Girl Raising Project. If you still find that too tame, I have a couple of other suggestions.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

vkamv
Org Profile

Post by vkamv » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:29 am

Kireblue wrote:Not bad. I was a little meh on some of your effects at first, but the video came together pretty nicely. I'd personally recommend putting some time into fixing lip flap though. And it think that adding in a little more internal sync instead of relying on color effects is usually a more interesting way to sync IMO
Thanks for taking the time to view and comment on my video. Yeah, the lip flapping bother me a bit too. There was actually one scene towards the end that I had to shorten the lip flap on the scene by masking over it with not moving lips because it was too long @ 2:00.

I'm curious what effects did you not enjoy at the start? Was it the blurs or light leaks?

When I started this project I wanted to experiment with some different effects and light leaks were one of them. I wanted to use them instead of scale pumps or hard scene cuts to match the beat.

Thanks again!

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:40 am

vkamv wrote: I'm curious what effects did you not enjoy at the start? Was it the blurs or light leaks?
The light leaks were ok (although the one at 0:41 probably could have been toned down just a bit). I think that you made some of the blurs a little too long (In particular, the ones of Homura at 0:14 and 0:30). But the thing that stood out the most to me was the effect at 1:02 (although it did do a nice transition into the natural footage after it).

vkamv
Org Profile

Post by vkamv » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:25 pm

Kireblue wrote:
vkamv wrote: I'm curious what effects did you not enjoy at the start? Was it the blurs or light leaks?
The light leaks were ok (although the one at 0:41 probably could have been toned down just a bit). I think that you made some of the blurs a little too long (In particular, the ones of Homura at 0:14 and 0:30). But the thing that stood out the most to me was the effect at 1:02 (although it did do a nice transition into the natural footage after it).
Thanks for the clarification and pin-pointing the time. It helps a lot. Those you pointed out were pretty intentional on my side. I was trying to find a way to match the type of sound I was hearing and thought those effects matched it.

For example,on one my first drafts at 1:02 I had an effect where the brightness simply increased before the transition. I then tried a glitch effect and thought gradually increasing the intensity of the glitch matched the gradual increase of the pace of the song at that moment.

I've also been following a lot of AMV makers who are heavy effects users and they must be rubbing off on me. :P Next time I'll try to seek out more scenes with internal sync. Thanks!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”