Chaos (Jaden Smith - U)(The Princess and the Pilot AMV)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
sigmaAMV
Org Profile

Chaos (Jaden Smith - U)(The Princess and the Pilot AMV)

Post by sigmaAMV » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:38 pm

It's late, and I haven't slept so I'll try to make this quick.

I used to make AMV's a while back, but I'd completely stopped in 2016. I'm ashamed to admit it, but 15 year old me turned his back on this because he thought that it was "too childish". I'd cared what people might think of me and what they did that I left one of my favourite hobbies, to the point that I even stopped watching anime. It was fucked. I cared too much about what people thought, and that's just not the way forward. So this is me, a soon to be 18 years old, finally releasing all the repressed emotions and wasted time. Although I'm not good at editing, and despite this being my first time editing with after effects, it's my best project so far. I can see the flaws, and where I could improve but I want other peoples opinion. You can be as harsh as you want, I can take it, but try to offer some help after trashing my shit.

Anyway, here it is.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Chaos (Jaden Smith - U)(The Princess and the Pilot AMV)

Post by Kireblue » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:52 pm

Welcome to the Org! Glad that you decided to try out editing AMVs again. I think that the first 30 seconds of your video could have used a bit more internal sync, but everything after that was pretty good action editing. While watching the video, my biggest complaint was how your audio sounded really muffled, but after listening to the original song, I now realize that its supposed to sound like that. At first, I thought that you may have had really weird audio settings for your render.

But anyway, nice job. I think that your video would have been even better if you had used some more of the anime's natural internal sync instead of relying mostly on effects, but this was definitely a pretty good video to return to the hobby with. BTW, if you don't know what I mean by internal sync, then here is a guide on it that I feel all AMV editors should read at least once viewtopic.php?f=2&t=92942&p=1216320#p1216320

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”