Hi, I'm new to a-m-v.org, I like to use classical music in AMVs

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
amvclassica
Org Profile

Hi, I'm new to a-m-v.org, I like to use classical music in AMVs

Post by amvclassica » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:07 pm

Here's a couple of videos I made

nice to meet you all!

[added vidid and fixed youtube embed - Kireblue]
Last edited by amvclassica on Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Re: Hi, I'm new to a-m-v.org, I like to use classical music in AMVs

Post by Bauzi » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:22 am

Hi and welcome to the org!

I will sub you on YT, because one month ago I've made a classic music AMV as well. I'm interessted where your amvs will go and evolve to. You might want to check it out here:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=202116

I would really like to know what you think of it. There is also another one from some years ago. It's with classic music too:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=178295

To your AMVs in specific:
In general. Be more precise in cutting. There are some leftover frames here and there. Reduce the subtitels in your AMVs. Get clean footage and only use your subs where the matter. When you really have to tell something. Right now I was very confused which subs to read and which subs to ignore in your second amv. If you want to keep the bilingual subs: Consider the power of YouTube and embed your subs in YouTube's sub feature. Than I could have the choice to see my language of choice and if I want to read them at all. The same thing goes with a-m-v.org. If you use a file format like .mkv you can embed soft subtitles in multiple languages as well. That would be awesome!

I also think that you should invest more time to edit "harder" onto the mood, flow and feel of the song. The first AMV didn't work so well in my opinion. It used traditional editing on a non traditional AMV song. It didn't work so well. However it can work! Have a look at this AMV:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... .php?v=803
or one of mine (18+, HENTAI, NSFW!!!!:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=154077

The song choice doesn't work so well with traditional editing. It's to subtle. Which brings me to the next interessting issue here: The music is extremley subtle. I have to change my viewing habbit as well. I have to expect huge differences between the voloume of some parts of the music. Some are silent, some are "loud". I really have to adjust my PC voloume here. It's not a bad thing, but something rather interessting, since all modern Popsongs are one loud wave of noise with low dynamic range :)

In my opinion the second amv worked better. You told a story and it worked quite well with the song. However I wish you would emphasize the song more with your visuals. So yeah keep up and those things will probably work out with more experience :)
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

amvclassica
Org Profile

Post by amvclassica » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:38 am

Thanks, Bauzi. I followed your advice and fixed some things in the first video and re-uploaded it. About bilingual subs though, I should take some time to think. I often find Korean youtubers forget clicking Youtube's subtitle feature "[CC]" and just watch the videos without it as they're not so desperate for them. (Because you can still somewhat enjoy AMVs without without knowing the meaning) often times, I want to "force them to use subtitles" and hardcoding bilingual subs into the actual video is one way to do it. Thanks for the great advice though.

Of the AMVs, you referenced, I really like the one with Claire de Lune playing, the mood of the music totally matches with the animation.
Last edited by amvclassica on Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:56 am

amvclassica wrote:I often find Korean youtubers forget clicking Youtube's subtitle feature "[CC]" and just watch the videos without it as they're not so desperate for them.
YouTube is trying to increase the use of subtitles on their plattform, but right now I don't think that they get used a lot. I think that the user interface for it is not intuitive.

Of course you can see your vids as some form of silent film. In silent film there was no way around the texttiles. The classical music you use, reminds me of the silnent film era anyway.

Getting rid of the original subs helps the video a lot! If you fix such things (as well as increasing your audiovisual quality), your videos will look more controlled and not like an array of random luck originating from random editing. It's a way to tell the viewer: I know my shit. I know what I'm doing.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

bellyzbad12345
Org Profile

Post by bellyzbad12345 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:36 am

Using classical music is pretty cool. I know someone who was doing it too a while back. But he stopped editing.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”