Animegraphy 2015

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
qyll
Org Profile

Animegraphy 2015

Post by qyll » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:51 pm

Spoiler :

A final hurrah for the anime for 2015!

Well, this is the last Animegraphy and likely my last AMV overall. Life has gotten very busy, and I find I have less and less time to edit,
so I'm calling it here. This AMV was 90% not going to happen, but at the last moment, a friend recommended me a few songs and I thought,
eh, let's give it go! Thanks for watching my AMVs over the years, and thank you guys for making a ton of awesome AMVs for me to watch.
zzz

Theatomicme
Org Profile

Re: Animegraphy 2015

Post by Theatomicme » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:15 pm

Hey Qyll, I'm a fan from youtube and actually made an account here just so I could thank you, your AMVs are all so awesome, and I can repeatedly watch some of them and get enjoyment every time. I'm sad to hear you won't be doing any more animegraphy AMVs, but totally glad they existed in the first place. Animegraphy 2013 is my favorite AMV of all time and got me into AMVs in general. So yeah, thanks for making something so awesome completely for free, you're the best.

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm

FIRST. GETTING.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

slimed
Org Profile

Post by slimed » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:35 pm

fantastic as always

Cenit
LinkinBall Z
Org Profile

Post by Cenit » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:50 pm

The lamest and yet seemingly most entertaining AMV concept makes a return. And it's nicely synched. That's what you're good at. Nice clean cuts. Sometimes good scene selection. That's about all.

Here is why the concept sucks and always sucked. You bombard viewers with fractions of different Anime most of which they don't care about and never would. They mean as little to the viewer as to you. They just have to be there. You spend some more time on the big money shots but huge parts of the AMV are totally forgetable/replaceable. Then again this is a dance AMV. I guess that's what they are supposed to be.

To me Animegraphy never had any value as an AMV. Because the concept only seems to work if you're acutally watching Anime or the openings at least. Which i don't. So it's a 6 minute random box of scraps. It's not a teaser that will get you to new/exciting Anime. That 0.4 second kiss at 4min something will not lead me to my next fav Anime. But people who i assume still watch Anime probably like guessing the shows and scream "i watched that Anime and it's so good/bad/terrible/cute". I get this and if i were you i would do exactly the same. Produce more! Because you don't get to decide what's popular with the crowd and what isn't. It just happens. And if you somehow hit it out of the ball park don't stop! Which brings me to your other announcement.

It's never the last AMV! You don't announce quiting. You just do it. Megamom did this announcement in 2009 and look what happened 6 months later. I had at least five "last AMVs" by now but i always found some joy to return to. I guess i would've looked slightly more stupid if i announced it each time. Now me saying this might force your ego to stick to your original plan of quiting while not even wanting to. And proceding with your retirement is something i actually hope to prevent you from doing. Because some people love your AMVs. And love for some AMVs is always good for the genre of AMV as a whole.

So here's to the lamest AMV concept currently out there. May it win all the viewers choice awards because Anime viewers clearly love this.
"Watch me. That's the real joke."

qyll
Org Profile

Post by qyll » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:25 pm

Cenit wrote:The lamest and yet seemingly most entertaining AMV concept makes a return. And it's nicely synched. That's what you're good at. Nice clean cuts. Sometimes good scene selection. That's about all.

Here is why the concept sucks and always sucked. You bombard viewers with fractions of different Anime most of which they don't care about and never would. They mean as little to the viewer as to you. They just have to be there. You spend some more time on the big money shots but huge parts of the AMV are totally forgetable/replaceable. Then again this is a dance AMV. I guess that's what they are supposed to be.

To me Animegraphy never had any value as an AMV. Because the concept only seems to work if you're acutally watching Anime or the openings at least. Which i don't. So it's a 6 minute random box of scraps. It's not a teaser that will get you to new/exciting Anime. That 0.4 second kiss at 4min something will not lead me to my next fav Anime. But people who i assume still watch Anime probably like guessing the shows and scream "i watched that Anime and it's so good/bad/terrible/cute". I get this and if i were you i would do exactly the same. Produce more! Because you don't get to decide what's popular with the crowd and what isn't. It just happens. And if you somehow hit it out of the ball park don't stop! Which brings me to your other announcement.

It's never the last AMV! You don't announce quiting. You just do it. Megamom did this announcement in 2009 and look what happened 6 months later. I had at least five "last AMVs" by now but i always found some joy to return to. I guess i would've looked slightly more stupid if i announced it each time. Now me saying this might force your ego to stick to your original plan of quiting while not even wanting to. And proceding with your retirement is something i actually hope to prevent you from doing. Because some people love your AMVs. And love for some AMVs is always good for the genre of AMV as a whole.

So here's to the lamest AMV concept currently out there. May it win all the viewers choice awards because Anime viewers clearly love this.
u mad?

Also, I'll be disqualifying myself from the award smorgasbord this year, as it really doesn't mean much to me.
zzz

xDreww
Org Profile

Post by xDreww » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:14 pm

Cenit wrote:The lamest and yet seemingly most entertaining AMV concept makes a return. And it's nicely synched. That's what you're good at. Nice clean cuts. Sometimes good scene selection. That's about all.

Why so serious?

saya520
Org Profile

Post by saya520 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:02 pm

- Well, this is the last Animegraphy and likely my last AMV overall. Life has gotten very busy, and I find I have less and less time to edit,
so I'm calling it here.

Oh what a pity D=
I come from a Chinese anime site, and there are so many people love your works so much.

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av390786/
http://www.bilibili.com/video/av825651/
http://www.bilibili.com/video/av1702807/
http://www.bilibili.com/video/av3239560/
Last edited by saya520 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

deathangelix
Org Profile

Post by deathangelix » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:17 pm

Do you have a profile in myanimelist.net? i would like to add you

Tarantoga
Org Profile

Post by Tarantoga » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:12 am

Great work, as usual!
qyll wrote:The local version is a 10-bit x264 mkv with subtitles for captions, anime, song credits.
And where is this local version?
qyll wrote:Well, this is the last Animegraphy and likely my last AMV overall.
It's a pity. Ganbare!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”