Keep Your Eyes Open

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
LopezAMV
Org Profile

Keep Your Eyes Open

Post by LopezAMV » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:22 pm

I'm no good at making banners so here's a bad quality image with some wacky text in the corner.
Spoiler :
If anyone out there is good with photoshop and has some time to kill, I could really use a better banner :P
...So yea, help a dude out.

This hasn't been the most productive year for me and seeing how it's quickly coming to an end, I figure now is as good a time as any to release what could possibly be my last video of 2013.
Started this at the beginning of the year and I've been slowly working on it since then. Took a lot of time and effort to finish but it was worth it, really glad I was able to release it by the end of the year. Fell in love with NeedToBreathe back when I was working on Something Beautiful so when I heard this song I immediately made big plans for it and set everything else aside. I ran out of clips and motivation not long after so I let it sit for a few months while I gathered clips/watched anime. This is more or less the same as Something Beautiful, a feel good video meant to make people smile. It's pretty simple and plain but that's what I aim for half the time ;P
There's a few parts of the video that I wasn't completely satisfied with but that's just how things are with long projects.

As always, thanks for checking this out. I appreciate every single view I get so if you like this be sure to leave a comment :)

Edit: I'll be releasing a 'fair use' version soon that'll leave all the live action footage out. Something Beautiful was banned from youtube and from certain contests because of the music video clips :nono:

Sephirothishere
Org Profile

Re: Keep Your Eyes Open

Post by Sephirothishere » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:09 pm

Quite a soft yet beautiful video, enjoyed it pretty much. It's really simple as you pointed out at the description, but it works well as it is in my opinion. :)

EimiJ7
Org Profile

Post by EimiJ7 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:17 pm

Couldn't help but smile while watching this. Your videos are always so inspirational :D

EllipseIris
Org Profile

Post by EllipseIris » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:50 pm

That was thrilling <3 so beautiful, great scene selection to build up a matching flow to the song. loved it!

Aerialesque
is actually a penguin in boots
Org Profile

Post by Aerialesque » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:30 am

EimiJ7 wrote:Couldn't help but smile while watching this.
Same! Very nice, I really enjoyed it. :)

slimed
Org Profile

Post by slimed » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:35 am

i think this is a fun video and it achieves the "feel good" mood that you were aiming for. although as a drama, it didn't really strike a chord with me. i think this could partly be due to it being multi anime, however, i think a multi anime video probably could hit home in this respect if executed differently. there wasn't a lot of growth or development between individual anime, so there wasn't a real sense of suspense or conclusion and it ended up feeling like a single note to me. which isn't necessarily bad for this kind of amv, but i don't think it had the emotional impact that it could have had. on another note, i never really liked the idea of meshing music video scenes with anime but that's just personal taste. that's the only real negative point i have to make. but overall it was a warm and enjoyable video, nice job :up:

Begi
Org Profile

Post by Begi » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:20 am

i liked it, really upbeat video for sure. i didn't read the description until afterwards and i was like "damn, i was smiling the whole time while watching it" lol. but like Slimed pointed out, i felt like there was no end in sight largely due to the huge mix of anime. overall, it was a fun watch and really made me smile! good job :up:

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:11 am

I'd say one of my favorite amvs released this year at all. It's just such a feel-good video. And your scene selection is just spot on. Good job yo :up:
Image Image

FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:18 pm

You know, internet failed twice trying to post my tremendous opinion..so
I just resume; technically ok, I don't like repeated this multi-anime videos,
put lot of effort, congrats anyway, 3/5.

Could be better with more shark scenes.

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:39 pm

Very beautiful

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”