The Only Exception {Kireblue} Happy Valentines Day

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

The Only Exception {Kireblue} Happy Valentines Day

Post by Kireblue » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:37 pm

Happy Valentines Day everybody. This is my track for the A-M-V.org Valentines Day MEP. I had wanted to edit with this song for a while, and when I saw the first episode of "My Little Monster" (Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun), I knew that I had found the perfect anime for it. So I hope you all enjoy.

jubjub2
Org Profile

Re: The Only Exception {Kireblue} Happy Valentines Day

Post by jubjub2 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:17 pm

Because of this, I found out the manga was released as an anime and immediately acquired it. Looking forward to the full project - love your track!

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:48 am

Yessss, My Little Monster AMV!

Really is a spot on song for this couple. I feel like you could have gone a liiittle deeper into the characters, a little more of Shizuku's background [Maybe the scenes about her mom?], a bit more how Haru changed Shizuku though that might be a tad harder to show since a lot of that was dialogue. But still, the vid was really darned cute and I enjoyed it a lot!

I had to look up Shizuku's name so I wouldn't call her Maka.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:46 am

jubjub2 wrote:Because of this, I found out the manga was released as an anime and immediately acquired it. Looking forward to the full project - love your track!
Thanks :-) I think that the full project is getting released later today
Hagaren Viper wrote:Yessss, My Little Monster AMV!

Really is a spot on song for this couple. I feel like you could have gone a liiittle deeper into the characters, a little more of Shizuku's background [Maybe the scenes about her mom?], a bit more how Haru changed Shizuku though that might be a tad harder to show since a lot of that was dialogue. But still, the vid was really darned cute and I enjoyed it a lot!

I had to look up Shizuku's name so I wouldn't call her Maka.
Thanks :D I really want to make an extended version of this vid, but I don't have time anymore. I might just keep my source footage and and make a extended version later on in the year when I do. Since I actually cut out the part of the song where the singer's mother and father are mentioned, it really would have fit perfectly.

Oh and, yeah. She does look like Maka :asd:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:11 pm

D'aww that was really sweet! And I love the little small moments they have together, it's just so cute. <3 I also really liked the idea of using thoughts/memories to show her thinking, for example the sequence with the white feathered border and also at 0:46, that was a nice touch though it might have looked smoother with a light fade in. My only gripe is the pacing felt awfully slow, I can understand that for the first minute or so since the song itself is relatively slow but once the song started to pick up, you should have made the pacing slightly faster to keep up with it which would also help distinguish that section from the rest of the video.

But otherwise, very cute! :up:
Hagaren Viper wrote: I had to look up Shizuku's name so I wouldn't call her Maka.
I'm glad to know it's not just me who thought they looked similar. XD

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:37 pm

AimoAio wrote:D'aww that was really sweet! And I love the little small moments they have together, it's just so cute. <3 I also really liked the idea of using thoughts/memories to show her thinking, for example the sequence with the white feathered border and also at 0:46, that was a nice touch though it might have looked smoother with a light fade in. My only gripe is the pacing felt awfully slow, I can understand that for the first minute or so since the song itself is relatively slow but once the song started to pick up, you should have made the pacing slightly faster to keep up with it which would also help distinguish that section from the rest of the video.

But otherwise, very cute! :up:
Hagaren Viper wrote: I had to look up Shizuku's name so I wouldn't call her Maka.
I'm glad to know it's not just me who thought they looked similar. XD
Thank you :D I'm really glad that you liked the thought scenes.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”