[Otakon 2012] Put Ya Guns On!

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
dragontamer5788
Org Profile

Re: [Otakon 2012] Put Ya Guns On!

Post by dragontamer5788 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:47 pm

Oh man, when I first saw this video, I almost instantly voted for it.

This literally was the *perfect* video to start the Action section. And holy crap, what a section it was. This is the best Action Otakon I've ever seen in my life. (This, Teenagerrrs, the Fate/Zero one, Superheroes... so many good Action vids this year).

VivifxAMV
Crazed Creativity
Org Profile

Post by VivifxAMV » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:02 pm

Prooobably my fav video at Otakon. Can't really compete with horses being flipped by spear wielding Samurai's. I always adore your action videos, and this one was no exception. I felt totally pumped after seeing this for the third time at Iron Editor! Maybe I even felt myself becoming the slightest bit insane :D Keep it Up Ryan!
ImageImage

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:15 pm

Wait a minute...THIS ISN'T YER GUNS, PUT THEM ON!

I'VE BEEN LIED TO >:O

Brakus
Org Profile

Post by Brakus » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:04 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:Wait a minute...THIS ISN'T YER GUNS, PUT THEM ON!

I'VE BEEN LIED TO >:O
Ha, irriadin's video is clearly the superior one :) :)

(Again, I had no idea his video existed until after AnimeNEXT.)
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:34 am

BUT THERE WEREN'T ANY GUNS!!!! :uhoh:

oh well, bought the song anyway. gratz on the win |:>

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:30 am

dragontamer5788 wrote:Oh man, when I first saw this video, I almost instantly voted for it.

This literally was the *perfect* video to start the Action section. And holy crap, what a section it was. This is the best Action Otakon I've ever seen in my life. (This, Teenagerrrs, the Fate/Zero one, Superheroes... so many good Action vids this year).
I totally agree, action was incredibly competitive this year. I can't wait for some of the others to post their videos!
VivifxAMV wrote:Prooobably my fav video at Otakon. Can't really compete with horses being flipped by spear wielding Samurai's. I always adore your action videos, and this one was no exception. I felt totally pumped after seeing this for the third time at Iron Editor! Maybe I even felt myself becoming the slightest bit insane :D Keep it Up Ryan!
Action is my favorite genre to do, so I'm glad you like it! :D Also...I'm leading others down the path of insanity. My plan is working! MWAHAHAHA :ying:
Rider4Z wrote:BUT THERE WEREN'T ANY GUNS!!!! :uhoh:
Well, in Sengoku Basara you don't need real guns to cause fiery explosions and... but wait, there were guns!

SEE! :P

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:12 pm

THERE IS A DISTINCT LACK OF BUBBLES IN THIS VIDEO! I AM DISAPPOINT.

Good stuff! I'm about half and half on this one - there are parts, especially early on, where I felt that sort of audio/video disconnect that Kevmaster was talking about, but then there's other parts where I think it's really pretty darn awesome. I think the further it went, the better it got. Sync was tight all around, so I think it does all the important stuff that an action video should!
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:39 pm

HORSE FLIPS!
Awwww YEAAAAAAHHHHH.
:up: :up: :up:

blaku92
Org Profile

Post by blaku92 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:06 am

Shin-AMV wrote:HORSE FLIPS!
Awwww YEAAAAAAHHHHH.
Exactly. :awesome:

- Congrats! One of my faves at AX. To me, it felt really smooth rather than slap in the face. I think it's because of the way you transitioned so well from scene to scene. Of course, the flow of the whole thing just felt like a giant chunk of pure power/overkill which matches the show too. Good job!

"I've dated uglier girls than you for breakfast."

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Otohiko wrote:THERE IS A DISTINCT LACK OF BUBBLES IN THIS VIDEO! I AM DISAPPOINT.

Good stuff! I'm about half and half on this one - there are parts, especially early on, where I felt that sort of audio/video disconnect that Kevmaster was talking about, but then there's other parts where I think it's really pretty darn awesome. I think the further it went, the better it got. Sync was tight all around, so I think it does all the important stuff that an action video should!
I wanted to, but bubbles and guns don't mix very well. Though this gives me an idea for a moe action video called "Put Ya Bubbles On!"

Thanks for the comment!
Shin-AMV wrote:HORSE FLIPS!
Awwww YEAAAAAAHHHHH.
Good read!
blaku92 wrote:- Congrats! One of my faves at AX. To me, it felt really smooth rather than slap in the face. I think it's because of the way you transitioned so well from scene to scene. Of course, the flow of the whole thing just felt like a giant chunk of pure power/overkill which matches the show too. Good job!
Thank you! I was going for the overkill approach to this video, glad it came through in the end product :awesome:

Also, I like to reply to everyone that takes the time to leave me a comment, but I don't want to keep bumping this thread indefinitely, so I'll just send PM's to anyone that responds after this point. Thanks for watching my video!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”