PonyNote [Otakon 2012 Best in Show]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
VivifxAMV
Crazed Creativity
Org Profile

PonyNote [Otakon 2012 Best in Show]

Post by VivifxAMV » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:37 am

This AMV is...different. So I know it might garner a mixed reaction from people, either intense fangasming or intense hate (or you know somewhere in the middle) But we are all entitled to our feelings and opinions and that is quite alright.

I made this AMV for Otakon 2012 - and to my great pleasure and surprise it was the Best in Show choice. I hope that it isn't JUST to do with the fact that I used a highly popular source, but more to do with my creative concept.

My personal goal as an editor is to continue to push the boundaries of editing, with concepts and ideas that are creative and (hopefully) undone before I take a whack at it. This was my idea for this year. An AMV that took the two individual fandoms of otakudom and Ponydom and tried to combine them in a feasible way to both of the fans. So that Otaku's can enjoy this AMV, Bronies can enjoy this AMV and the few of us who are somewhere in between have the most fun.

I hope you enjoy this AMV as much as I do. it was an amazing experience seeing it live, and getting to live the feedback live. I just used live like three...now four times. Yay me. Anyway if you would like to learn more about this AMV you may consult this link

http://vividkatie.tumblr.com/post/28326 ... nd-rambles

Thank you!
ImageImage

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Re: PonyNote [Otakon 2012 Best in Show]

Post by lloyd9988 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:52 am

And so it begins. . . :amv:

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:21 am

I only got the concept half way through (probably because I was waiting for the ponies to die :lol: ) but then it suddenly made sense.
This was pretty awesome.

One thing though...honestly, everyone do me a favour and stop the HD frame size if your video doesn't even look too good in lower frame size :|

Glitzer
Org Profile

Post by Glitzer » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:33 am

S.A. Robert
Org Profile

Post by S.A. Robert » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:13 am

Ahaha, nice idea :asd:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:47 am

This was a great AMV. XD Very adorable concept and solid execution of it. Scene selection was fantastic too. Facial reactions and body movements were spot on. :)

Although the visual quality was something to be desired. Death Note (the main focus besides the ponies) was very hard to look at with all of the blocking/banding.

Congrats on your win!

Mkid
Im on the case
Org Profile

Post by Mkid » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:34 am

Aweh Man, creative AS F*CK. Good job I liked it :up:

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:26 pm

Really nice editing and a great concept. It's no wonder you won at Otakon! Congrats Katie! :up:

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:53 pm

THIS.

THIS.

THHHIIISSSSS.

This is the kind of comedy video that I love. Not because zomgponies, but because it's good. While I am a fan of the show, that's not what makes this video for me. It's all of the work and jokes you put into it. You could have just done the second half of the video with the MLP theme and characters lip syncing, but you went the extra mile. Not only did you create an entirely new story for it, you made sure the jokes kept coming by putting custom stuff in there. It's soooo easy to just let a funny song with a funny anime or a silly combination do all the work. This is also one of the first comedy videos to ever make me laugh without the crowd mindset of being at at con.

I could harp on technical stuff, but that's not the point of this video. This is a fun video that will make crowds and fans laugh. I look forward to being able to watch this with an audience. :up:

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:15 pm

I know I've said this earlier, but I think you should have either found a male singer to mix in w/ the Pony audio for Light's lines, pitched them, or just not lip synced them at all. The concept of this video is ingenious though, and the execution was otherwise awesome.

I do wish the ratio of clips was tilted more toward anime though, especially at the very end.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”