[EVS] Separated

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
EkaCoralian
Org Profile

[EVS] Separated

Post by EkaCoralian » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:59 pm

Once again I apologize for the suckfest banner. I'm in the process of getting my Paintshop Pro to work again I swear. e-e
Welp, new AMV (2 in 2 weeks, on a roll xD) getting back to E7.

Also pleasedon'tkillmeoverthesong.
I just really wanted to edit with it. ;3; Its shortened if that counts for anything. XD

WiseAnt
Org Profile

Re: [EVS] Separated

Post by WiseAnt » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:09 am

The font at the beginning seemed a little impersonal for what it was used for. Otherwise, good character study.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:05 am

I liked it... but the vid was too short and the song cut at 1:11 was :? It's like the song is building up to a chorus which never came. Aspect ratio was wrong but I can just choose 4:3 manually in VLC player so not really an issue. But yeah, a shame about the length, would have really enjoyed it if it was at least 3mins long.

Gaurry
Org Profile

Post by Gaurry » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:32 pm

not bad for simple fan-anime-vid. but nothing special. Eureka, LP...
wrong aspect?

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:35 am

OropherZero wrote:I liked it... but the vid was too short and the song cut at 1:11 was :? It's like the song is building up to a chorus which never came.
This. But it was really nicely edited :up: and I loved watching it even though I've never seen Eureka Seven before... Gudjob! ^^

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:01 pm

WiseAnt wrote:The font at the beginning seemed a little impersonal for what it was used for. Otherwise, good character study.
Noted in case of future use then. :3 Thanks!
OropherZero wrote:I liked it... but the vid was too short and the song cut at 1:11 was :? It's like the song is building up to a chorus which never came. Aspect ratio was wrong but I can just choose 4:3 manually in VLC player so not really an issue. But yeah, a shame about the length, would have really enjoyed it if it was at least 3mins long.
Mmf I wondered about that cut. ;; Well, live and learn I guess. ^^;
As for the AR, thats the AR for the Blu-Rays. I didn't change anything: Japan just widened them when they released it on BD or something. =s

I'll aim for a full AMV next time. :up:
Gaurry wrote:not bad for simple fan-anime-vid. but nothing special. Eureka, LP...
wrong aspect?
Well you don't see many with necessarily a big character focus. A lot of the E7 videos to LP songs I've seen have been action mashes, and I thought New Divide's lyrics said a lot about Eureka's POV.
And the AR wasn't changed by me, the BDs are in 16:9 (if I tried 4:3'ing it, tons of the scene would be cut out).
AimoAo wrote:This. But it was really nicely edited and I loved watching it even though I've never seen Eureka Seven before... Gudjob! ^^
Yeah, I'll be working on my song cutting the next time I try it. ^^; But I appreciate it! =D (And mmyes, I think you should watch it <3 ~)

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:44 pm

E7 wasn't my favorite anime, and I typically don't like their AMV's, but this one was very enjoyable and did a great job portraying the emotions of the characters. Very powerful. :up:

The masks were a little sloppy [a lot of black outlining], but nothing that can't be overlooked or and they definitely didn't take away from the experience.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:34 pm

CodeZTM wrote:E7 wasn't my favorite anime, and I typically don't like their AMV's, but this one was very enjoyable and did a great job portraying the emotions of the characters. Very powerful. :up:

The masks were a little sloppy [a lot of black outlining], but nothing that can't be overlooked or and they definitely didn't take away from the experience.
Well then I'm glad it made an impression! xD =]
Yeah I'm workin' on my masking (need to get my computer mouse back. I highly dislike masking with my touchpad :|)
Thanks. :D

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”