[Akross 2010] He Even Smiled At Death - One Piece

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
LLight
Org Profile

Re: [Akross 2010] He Even Smiled At Death - One Piece

Post by LLight » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:25 pm

you undervalue yourself too much xD
anyway I totally loved your video, i was missing your masterpieces and I'll miss them in future after your decision Dx but i respect it
the editig is something original, you used great 3d's and the compositing is good too
for not talking about your great ideas for the scene selections..

pwnsome video man :)

mindinchaos
Org Profile

Post by mindinchaos » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:07 am

LLight wrote:anyway I totally loved your video, i was missing your masterpieces and I'll miss them in future after your decision Dx but i respect it
the editig is something original, you used great 3d's and the compositing is good too
Thanks LLight you always supported me and my videos, really thanks for that.
Unfortunatly I still dont feel that I become the editor I wanted to be some years ago, If I could and of course If I only had time I wished to step to an up-level xD

about the amv, it is an 1 year project (thinking, drawing, writing ideas, searching musics/sounds, etc..)
cuz I wanted to finish with a big project thats also why the video is a little too long than my others projects ^^

OkamiRvS
Org Profile

Post by OkamiRvS » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:43 pm

wow this is perfect :O the video has touched me to the end :up: :up: I have heard that this is your last video ,right ?

mindinchaos
Org Profile

Post by mindinchaos » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:55 am

cokAMVs wrote:I have heard that this is your last video ,right ?
yap >: Unfortunatly, for an editor free time is important to spent it on editing...I should start think on my life from now on and leave amv behind.
That was intended to be my last one...but lets see If I would be able to quit...I tried before but since I was so addicted I returned.

Neverend
The cockpuncher
Org Profile

Post by Neverend » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:20 pm

You know what i think about it :)

mindinchaos
Org Profile

Post by mindinchaos » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:52 am

Neverend wrote:You know what i think about it :)
not the same as many others, I received also much critics about it.
Its a shame cuz most of them dont explain better or nothingthe reason why they think the amv is bad,
but yes as always thanks neverend ^^

simofc90
Org Profile

Post by simofc90 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:32 pm

I liked a lot the amv.
I like it most for the technique (between the stop motion and the 2,5D photography if you understand what I mean), the compositing, the effects, and generally the visual impact were pretty cool... Maybe would be interested see the contrast for a technique like that and others elements more fluid inside the clips, but it's only a supposition.
What I didn't like a lot of this amv is the story, it looks like bleach, naruto and OP merged together... a lot of things (not only the idea of ruffy hollow or the fight beetween the souls but directly some composition of frames) comes directly by these anime and with a great job like that on the technical side, I think you could take more creative freedom on the writing of the story.
This is only the point I'm feeling to let you know.
After that the others aspects were mostly perfect (maybe some blurs, maybe some white frames) nothing to say.
Well I liked it more on the first song maybe because I knew better the second one and I saw a different sinc on this song, but finally is a 4/5 for me. The video is a keeper good job --b
Last edited by simofc90 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ReggieSmalls
Org Profile

Post by ReggieSmalls » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:45 pm

That was great
Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!

mindinchaos
Org Profile

Post by mindinchaos » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:00 pm

simofc90 wrote:I liked a lot the amv.
I like it most for the technique (between the stop motion and the 2,5D photography if you understand what I mean), the compositing, the effects, and generally the visual impact were pretty cool... Maybe would be interested see the contrast for a technique like that and others elements more fluid inside the clips, but it's only a supposition.
What I didn't like a lot of this amv is the story, it looks like bleach, naruto and OP merged together... a lot of things (not only the idea of ruffy hollow or the fight beetween the souls but directly some composition of frames) comes directly by these anime and with a great job like that on the technical side, I think you could take more creative freedom on the writing of the story.
This is only the point I'm feeling to let you know.
After that the others aspects were mostly perfect (maybe some blurs, maybe some white frames) nothing to say.
Well I liked it more on the first song maybe because I knew better the second one and I saw a different sing on this song, but finally is a 4/5 for me. The video is a keeper good job --b
Thanks simonfc90, I consider much of what u said true, like the storyline, it was "stolen" from others animes, I wanted to make something easy and clear to understand as I started this "idea" 2 years ago and I liked it, right now after look close to all those facts I really think as you...it turned to be little boring and bad.
Im happy you noticed the 2,5D on landscapes, it gaves a diferent feeling, it didnt turn as I wanted to...but I tried.

Blurs and excess of glows is obvious too much on it and of course I'll pay attention next time as on originality, If there is gonna be a next time

LeX
Org Profile

Post by LeX » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:05 pm

What i also want to add, i felt like you was inspirated by Whisper of the beast, am I right?

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”