Ghost Runner - 1080p! (Best Of Pro @ AniNite 2010)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Ghost Runner - 1080p! (Best Of Pro @ AniNite 2010)

Post by Bauzi » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:04 pm

EDIT: I've added an indirect link to some sort of making of of this video.

Advice: This video is in Full HD. If you have a 1080p monitor than get the 1080p version!

So this is it: My second full release this year. This time it's a trailer crossover between Blade Runner and the Ghost In The Shell movies. When I watched Blade Runner again, I realized how much Ghost In The Shell and especially Ghost In The Shell 2 must have been inspired by this masterpiece. In my opinion if there got to be a crossover with an anime and Blade Runner, it got to be with Ghost In The Shell! So this is a tribute in form of a trailer to the glory of Blade Runner. I was able to show similiarities and to create an alternate storyline for GITS.

Yes the filesize got quite big, but the visual style made high bitrates necessary. There are various encodes in various resolutions ready for your tastes and needs.
Last edited by Bauzi on Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Magnus
Treasure this time
Org Profile

Re: Ghost Runner - 1080p! (Best Of Pro @ AniNite 2010)

Post by Magnus » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:07 pm

Oho, yet a new bauz-video.

Edit: Woah... Best trailer I've seen in quiet a while, man. Only thing that could have made this better would be a slight increase in lip-sync.
Other than that, this was simply amazing. Stylish, fitting, well executed - great job!
:up:

I'll probably hand you an opinion too in a near future.
ImageImageImage

Niwa
Cake Addiction
Org Profile

Post by Niwa » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:15 pm

I was first unsure about integrating both GITS movies when I first saw the source list, but since you made such a outstanding job, I didn't really witness the difference. I'm also amazed how well the grading and the noise fits each others throughout the whole process. What can I say, this is probably one my favourite video from you to date, and this is such a Bauzi type of video while I was watching it.

I should take a look at this ''Blade Runner'' later on.
Last edited by Niwa on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:32 pm

Damn bauz, the vid quality was sexy as hell. Pretty good trailer, I agree with Zetzu about wanting more lipsync but it's pretty good as is anyway. Really enjoyed the fx work / overall color scheme editing you did as well.

5/5

Pretty epic trailer here but Melichan still got my vote for best trailer 2010. This is a really close second though. :up:
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:50 pm

:shock: Fantastic

Statz
Org Profile

Post by Statz » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:41 pm

wow! easily better than the movie trailers on tv.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:53 pm

ZetZu wrote:Oho, yet a new bauz-video.

Edit: Woah... Best trailer I've seen in quiet a while, man. Only thing that could have made this better would be a slight increase in lip-sync.
Other than that, this was simply amazing. Stylish, fitting, well executed - great job!
:up:

I'll probably hand you an opinion too in a near future.
x2. But damn that was some pretty awesome stuff I just watched! :3

<3

HydraStar
Org Profile

Post by HydraStar » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:21 am

More lip-sync would have made it better. But really nice trailer :up: and the most interesting thing is the 1080p.
Last edited by HydraStar on Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LeX
Org Profile

Post by LeX » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:21 pm

:arrow: Loved it.

ReggieSmalls
Org Profile

Post by ReggieSmalls » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:48 pm

*claps* that was damn good
Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”