Bubblegum Crisis AMV "KNIGHT SABER CITY"

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
SynaesthesiaVideos
Org Profile

Bubblegum Crisis AMV "KNIGHT SABER CITY"

Post by SynaesthesiaVideos » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:40 am

This was my entry into 2022's AWA Accolades contest, my first time participating. I had been kicking around the idea of editing a vid with this song for a couple years, but I needed to find the right 80s anime.. which turned out to be Bubblegum Crisis. This song has a lot of drama and energy, and I really wanted to do it justice, so I spent a lot of time preparing for this project.. which I consider the culmination of everything I've learned about AMV editing since I took up the hobby 4 years ago. I figured why not also make this my first AWA Pro/Accolades entry! I was really happy it made it to the finalists, but even it if didn't I'd still consider "Knight Saber City" my greatest accomplishment as an editor thus far 💪💪

I'd also like to thank everyone that commented and critiqued my original vid, you all really helped a lot with making this final version look better! <3

The video contains some flashing that might bother people with photo-sensitivities so I made a version thats easier on the eyes: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TnXaUx ... sp=sharing

The original version I sent to the contest: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1450PPn ... sp=sharing

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Bubblegum Crisis AMV "KNIGHT SABER CITY"

Post by seasons » Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:37 pm

Sources gel really well together but your editing is what really delivers the goods. I can't imagine making an AMV that keeps up this level of intensity for more than five minutes but somehow you pulled it off. Great sync from start to finish.

SynaesthesiaVideos
Org Profile

Re: Bubblegum Crisis AMV "KNIGHT SABER CITY"

Post by SynaesthesiaVideos » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:19 pm

seasons wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:37 pm
Sources gel really well together but your editing is what really delivers the goods. I can't imagine making an AMV that keeps up this level of intensity for more than five minutes but somehow you pulled it off. Great sync from start to finish.
thank you :ying:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”