One of very few -original- trailers.

User avatar
DJ_Izumi
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2001 8:29 am
Location: Canada
Contact:
Org Profile

One of very few -original- trailers.

Postby DJ_Izumi » Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:08 pm

This is an original anime trailer I've made, in the sceme of American trailers. So, I didn't use another trailers audio track, and just mix and match the video, thus making in harder, at least harder in a different way. It uses the Dubbed dialoug and the song from Crimson Tide. The goal was, of course, to capture the feel of the movie and make it look interesting. So, considdering the more unique value of this video, give me a nomination or two? :)

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=13114

User avatar
Koopiskeva
|:
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2002 7:31 pm
Status: O:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Koopiskeva » Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:10 pm

The nominations are over already |:
Hi.

User avatar
DJ_Izumi
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2001 8:29 am
Location: Canada
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby DJ_Izumi » Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:11 pm

Oh well. The good videos never win anyway, only the popular ones. :p

User avatar
Koopiskeva
|:
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2002 7:31 pm
Status: O:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Koopiskeva » Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:13 pm

I guess my videos aren't good then |:

/me scurries into his corner |:
Hi.

User avatar
Corran
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:40 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Corran » Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:15 pm

I'm happy with almost all of he catagories so far... Akira Under My skin should have been nominated for best action but... Oh well.

User avatar
DJ_Izumi
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2001 8:29 am
Location: Canada
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby DJ_Izumi » Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:19 pm

Well, it's true. This is a Viewers Choice Award, thusly there is no profesionalism or objectivity in the judging.

Take a popular AMV producer, use a popular anime, a popular song, and do a really good job, you have a fanbase you can already use, and they'll vote for that video.

Take an unknown AMV producer, use a rare anime, and a song that works really well with the video, and do a kick ass job. You don't win, even if it's incredable, because few actually see the video, and thusly few actually vote for the video.

It's sad, because it makes this a popularity contest. And after the contest is finalized, there will be an uproar about it being just that. Just like last year.

I would honestly LOVE to see another AMV contest, where as a group of judges was selected, and the videos were judged objectivly and profesionally.

User avatar
SSJVegita0609
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2002 10:52 pm
Location: Around...
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby SSJVegita0609 » Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:28 pm

Well DJ, thats how most contests actually work. But in this case you must remember this is the VCA (VIEWERS choice awards). So this really is meant to be what the people choose, but you can still enter in other cons based on judges views.
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

User avatar
Koopiskeva
|:
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2002 7:31 pm
Status: O:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Koopiskeva » Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:34 pm

Plummet is popular ey... |:
Hi.

User avatar
Corran
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:40 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Corran » Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:35 pm

I would like to see one of those contests too. I was a bit disappointed of course with more than not seeing AUMS nominated. I nominated a lot of new artist whom many have never seen before but the masses have spoken and it is their votes that count... Perhaps one day the org could have a competition in late summer where a panel could assemble and vote. Meh perhaps it's too much work to do it that way though.

User avatar
mexicanjunior
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2001 11:33 pm
Status: It's a process...
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby mexicanjunior » Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:35 pm

Koopiskeva wrote:Plummet is popular ey... |:


The Ticket Timewasters are popular? :|

User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2001 2:29 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:28 pm

DJ_Izumi wrote:I would honestly LOVE to see another AMV contest, where as a group of judges was selected, and the videos were judged objectivly and profesionally.


Actually, I'll be running an AMV contest for a convention here in Canada and I'm working very hard to make the judging to be objective and profesional. I'll post mor next week in the appropriate thread...

I do thing that most contest do try to judge everything as fair as possible. It's just that the results are not always to everyones liking and so it seems unfair to some... Contests are atually quite hard to run and to satisfy everyone...

Vlad

User avatar
ShonenDizzyCow
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2001 5:40 am
Location: The Other Side of the Planet
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby ShonenDizzyCow » Sat Mar 01, 2003 3:52 am

Corran Productions wrote:I'm happy with almost all of he catagories so far... Akira Under My skin should have been nominated for best action but... Oh well. I was a bit disappointed of course with more than not seeing AUMS nominated.

Heh, no worries, I may have an explaination, my videos probably suffer from Genre Confusion Syndrome (GCS). It is Action? Character Profile? Parody? Lip Synch? Drama? Romance? Comedy? A combination? All of it? I have trouble myself trying to forcibly slot it into any one genre and opinions probably differ from person to person and it's easy to see how the vote could be split up. :shock: :wink: :cry:

Sometimes it's like competing with yourself, or worse, 2 copies of yourself, like in the parody category, which almost gurantees that I'll probably not win, heh. :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink:

User avatar
Zerophite
Joined: Mon May 07, 2001 1:33 pm
Location: Maybe on Earth, Maybe in the Future
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Zerophite » Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:50 am

DJ_Izumi wrote:Well, it's true. This is a Viewers Choice Award, thusly there is no profesionalism or objectivity in the judging.


It's the viewers choice, this isn't the acadamy awards. Of course videos selected will not have any objective backing. It's all based on "I think this video should win because (i.e. - it's good, I like it, yadda yadda)" You aren't getting a panel of judges here. It's already a given.

DJ_Izumi wrote:Take a popular AMV producer, use a popular anime, a popular song, and do a really good job, you have a fanbase you can already use, and they'll vote for that video.


Um, I'm far from a popular creator, I didn't use a popular song, and the anime I used was hated by a lot of people because either A- they didnt understand it, or B- it had <i>waaay</i> too many Japanese cultural references that went over everyone's head. Yet I seemed to have been nominated. Maybe it really IS a good video...:p I'm not too sure.

DJ_Izumi wrote:Take an unknown AMV producer, use a rare anime, and a song that works really well with the video, and do a kick ass job. You don't win, even if it's incredable, because few actually see the video, and thusly few actually vote for the video.


The rarity of the anime has nothing to do with whether or not it will get nominated. Now I think you're just nitpicking, and of course it's not going to get nominated because few actually SEE the video. You can't obviously win an award without telling everyone why you should win the award.

I find it hilarious that you complain about Objectivity when you say things like "do a kick ass job", "do a really good job". Aren't you being, I don't know, just a little hypocritical?

DJ_Izumi wrote:It's sad, because it makes this a popularity contest. And after the contest is finalized, there will be an uproar about it being just that. Just like last year.


That's always the grim reality of contests. There's always a winner, and a loser, that is not dependent on how judging takes place. You'll sometimes have poor losers, which, if they couldn't handle losing, shouldn't have even bothered taking part.

There will always be poor losers, and there will always be poor winners.

DJ_Izumi wrote:I would honestly LOVE to see another AMV contest, where as a group of judges was selected, and the videos were judged objectivly and profesionally.


Yet again, Viewers Choice. A panel of judges is obviously what this was not intended for.

For one, if you want something like, get a panel of judges together, and watch <b>every single one of those AMVs</b> you say "Should have made it". There are 14717 videos on the org alone, have fun filtering through them all for those "great ones" that, following what you said earlier, are primarily the ones that no one ever sees.

Secondly, There's a reason the videos that were nominated WERE nominated. Ian and Hsien are great at what they do. Vlad and Koop both had excellent videos, and hell, I thought Koop was doing it longer than he has been. Machine is good at Horror. Hakura is good at Drama.

If they continue to make great videos, and show them to people, they will get nominated. If the ones you speak of don't want to get them out, maybe they really don't care about this sort of contest, or maybe I'm just putting words in their mouth.

If the video is good, and the AMV creator gets it out there, then they may have a chance to stand up to the big names in the community. :D

Anyway, there's a reason the popular people ARE popular, and it should be obvious.
"axis discrepancy indicates hexagons beyond control anomaly
mutilation colony reflects no triangular energy
asynchronous matter avoided by a diagram invisibility
subtle methods symmetry uncovered a diagonal telemetry"

User avatar
paizuri
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 7:15 pm
Location: All hail me, the BEEFMASTER!!!!!
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby paizuri » Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:26 pm

DJ_Izumi wrote:Oh well. The good videos never win anyway, only the popular ones. :p

Right, because I'm sure none of the popular videos are ANY GOOD WHATSOEVER. It's unfortunate that not all good videos get the recognition they deserve, but that doesn't mean you should so nonchalantly shit on other people's hard work, regardless of how popular they are. :cry:
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.

User avatar
dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2002 12:22 am
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby dwchang » Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:31 pm

Right, because I'm sure none of the popular videos are ANY GOOD WHATSOEVER. It's unfortunate that not all good videos get the recognition they deserve, but that doesn't mean you should so nonchalantly shit on other people's hard work, regardless of how popular they are.


He has a good point. If you think about it, the reason most of the creators that are "popular" are well...popular is because their work is good and a lot of people enjoyed it. Regardless, it's not nice to put-down other people work.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space


Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2003”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest