Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:52 pm

Sanity GONE! :lol: :lol: :lol: :o :twisted:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

jonmartensen
Org Profile

Post by jonmartensen » Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:58 pm

I think we are nearing the end of the usefull discussion in this thread, and starting to re-hash rather than delve deeper into why, who-does-what. Perhaps ending this discussion and having Ashton just put one new thread that says "Hey check out my vids that were nominated, http://www.here.com" would be prudent.

/two cents :?

BishounenStalker
Org Profile

Post by BishounenStalker » Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:00 pm

I mostly agree with Vazor about the maturity-turned-whininess and confusing journal entry. It doesn't so much confuse me as make me feel like the boy has learned NOTHING from all this. His wanting to rip other videos apart out of jealousy just because people voted for them and not his tells me he learned not a damn thing about good sportsmanship, which is all about character. If you're going to be a poor sport, wear flame-retardant clothing.

P.S. -- Ashton, we KNOW you're on the ballot. We're not frelling blind. Your name is up there in pretty blue letters on the Nominations page. If you wanted to promote yourself anyway, a simple "Please vote me for Best New Creator" would've been more than sufficient. By whining and begging, I hate to tell you that you've driven the last nail into your award's rotting coffin.
-- Rachel the Demon, Resident Quoter of Obscure Nostalgia
"Great. He can pick his teeth when he's done with us!" - Marina, Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas
Current AMV: Somewhere On This Night

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:12 pm

All this just for a sentece of internet text. :?

Ashton
Org Profile

Post by Ashton » Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:53 pm

Rozard wrote:Hehehe, I can't wait to meet you at MegaCon, Rachel :) The reason I made that comment is because that's what my belief towards trophies is. When I was in high school, our Marching Band had a whole bunch of trophies and awards. Along with other things in the band room (instruments, sheet music, music stands, etc.) we need to clear out space. The band director, without thinking, started to throw away a lot of the trophies and plaques. The students were in outrage! "Why are you throwing away all the rewards?!" His answer was that the important thing was that we had what it took to win the awards. That was the accomplishment, not the actual trophey. He told us that, if we wanted trophies, he'd go to the local tropey store and buy us each trophies. The point he was trying to make (and many didn't get) was that the award was essentially meaningless.

Also, from your earlier posts, I said something similar to that quote, I beleive. What you actually quoted sounds more like something Vlad would say. In regards to your take on my confusing post, you're pretty much right. It was late at night, and I couldn't compose my thoughts that well. I think what I was trying to say was the VCAs are essentially meaningless. They have no application in real life. What does apply to real life is the connections you make with people and the friends you could make if you would actually try. I've made a lot of great friends through this forum with whom I hold more conversation with on a daily basis that I do my own brother that lives 15 feet away from me. If you want people to vote for you, you should talk with people and make friends. You will get a backing that way, and some people that will help you. And when I mean help, I don't mean vote for you on an internet poll, I mean give suggestions for your videos, honestly critique them, defend you when shit goes down, call you on your birthday, etc.

The people on this board are very important. The videos made here are important, but not as important. The awards given to the videos mean next to nothing.
Good call man. I agree 100%
The only problem with that whole trophy analogy is that I would have to be WORTHY of the awards in the first place even to be able to throw them away, but I understand your point.
The anime Channel Petition Sign it if you like anime.
My member profile on the org.
オタク同士やろう! Ashton

Ashton
Org Profile

Post by Ashton » Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:55 pm

Vazor wrote:
Ashton wrote:If I hadn't made this thread, next to NO ONE would be considering voting for me. Nobody would even have noticed me on the ballot. Now at least I'm being scorned! To me that's much better than being ignored.
You do realize that the fact that you've been nominated means a substantial amount of people (myself included) believe that you deserve this award. I've got to admit that this thread and your recent journal entry confuse me quite a bit. Whenever I'd seen you on the forums prior to this you were always very mature and helpful, but recently you've been a bit on the whiny and immature side. I can truthfully say I understand where you're coming from wanting recognition for your work, I myself am a very competitive person (this is one of the reasons I have yet to release a video) and I hate to say it, but my drive to win recognition is one of the main reasons I started editing in the first place (not to say it's the only reason, but it's there). My only advice is to calm down a bit and look at your posts a little more closely and realize exactly how you're coming across. Anyway, I just wanted to say that you have at least one vote for best new editor (and it is because I feel that you deserve it). Thanks for making AMV's and I hope you continue to do so.
Thank you so much. I think that really the reason that you understand where I am coming from more than most of the others is that you and I are basicly in a similar position (ideologically) in that we are really competative people. And you are right, thank you for your advice, and the vote. I will keep them both in mind ;-)
オタク同士やろう! Ashton

Ashton
Org Profile

Post by Ashton » Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:56 pm

jonmartensen wrote:I think we are nearing the end of the usefull discussion in this thread, and starting to re-hash rather than delve deeper into why, who-does-what. Perhaps ending this discussion and having Ashton just put one new thread that says "Hey check out my vids that were nominated, http://www.here.com" would be prudent.

/two cents :?
Agreed, but it's really not even worth it at this point, I just feel like walking away form the whole thing with as little embarasment as possible.
オタク同士やろう! Ashton

Ashton
Org Profile

Post by Ashton » Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:59 pm

BishounenStalker wrote:I mostly agree with Vazor about the maturity-turned-whininess and confusing journal entry. It doesn't so much confuse me as make me feel like the boy has learned NOTHING from all this. His wanting to rip other videos apart out of jealousy just because people voted for them and not his tells me he learned not a damn thing about good sportsmanship, which is all about character. If you're going to be a poor sport, wear flame-retardant clothing.
:-(
I'll tell you for certain that I really wish I had never made that post. I was ust sitting in Web Design class on the second story of my High School fuming mad at the time and I did something I really know I shouldn't have. I herby formaly apalogize to everybody that I insulted, and to all the creators of all the videos I said unfair things about. I know that was not only harsh, but non-productive, and hateful, and I really would like to take back all of those words.
オタク同士やろう! Ashton

BishounenStalker
Org Profile

Post by BishounenStalker » Thu Feb 27, 2003 7:00 pm

Good to hear it. Maybe we can put this 10-page wad of crap to rest :D

I also apologize for the horrible bitch I've been on this thread (and in my journal entry). I've been fuming mad and stressed about a lot of things lately, namely an unfair division of labor in one of my classes that's kept me awake nearly a week straight, and trying to save up enough time to make it to MegaCon this weekend. I really am sorry for going off on you. A lot of things we say come out in the heat of the moment, and when we cool off and look back, we realize how frelling inane they sounded. I'm doing that now, and getting a pretty good laugh out of my own stupidity.

Believe me, I've seen your videos and I actually do think you're worthy of the award, so I AM voting for you. My only advice is to lighten up a bit. The VCAs really aren't that fair anyhow. You're up against literally thousands of creators. You should count yourself lucky to be nominated for the single award you are, that so many people think you're deserving of it.
-- Rachel the Demon, Resident Quoter of Obscure Nostalgia
"Great. He can pick his teeth when he's done with us!" - Marina, Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas
Current AMV: Somewhere On This Night

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Feb 27, 2003 7:10 pm

We'll still welcome you with open arms at AX2003 Ashton. You pay for your own food though :P

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2003”