Sony Vegas Pro 9

This forum is for informing everyone else about special deals on stuff to buy like DVDs, cheap hard drives, blank CDs on sale, etc.
Cxeisse
Org Profile

Re: Sony Vegas Pro 9

Post by Cxeisse » Thu May 28, 2009 9:41 pm

I'm so tempted to go grab a free trial right now, but since I can only get one trial per computer, I might wanna wait on that. New transitions? Seriously? I downloaded a trial of Vegas Pro 8 and honestly, I couldn't see a significant difference between that and my copy of Vegas 7. :|

NeoQuixotic
Master Procrastinator
Org Profile

Post by NeoQuixotic » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:27 am

Most of the updates in Vegas 9 really don't benefit an AMV maker. However, if you use footage from actual video cameras the new support is nice.
Insert clever text/image here.

Maximatum99
Org Profile

Post by Maximatum99 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:22 am

anubisx00 wrote:Most of the updates in Vegas 9 really don't benefit an AMV maker. However, if you use footage from actual video cameras the new support is nice.
Actually, there is one notable thing that speeds up the work flow. In Vegas 8 the clips would have a billion thumbnails and now in Vegas 9, its just for the beginning, middle and the end. So constant zooming in the time line isn't a pain to load up the thumbnails even if it just takes a second longer. This is only a big deal if your PC is weak or just average.
Don't think outside the box. There is no box. It is the will of the mind. A mind that is limited by a psychological box. The box does not control you. Do not succumb to the box!

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:04 pm

There's a setting in the preferences to change that anyway. Or at least there is in 9; I assume there is in 8 as well.
... yea ...

kablay
Org Profile

Post by kablay » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:21 pm

Maximatum99 wrote:
anubisx00 wrote:Most of the updates in Vegas 9 really don't benefit an AMV maker. However, if you use footage from actual video cameras the new support is nice.
Actually, there is one notable thing that speeds up the work flow. In Vegas 8 the clips would have a billion thumbnails and now in Vegas 9, its just for the beginning, middle and the end. So constant zooming in the time line isn't a pain to load up the thumbnails even if it just takes a second longer. This is only a big deal if your PC is weak or just average.
I actually like how it has all of the thumbnails because then I can just see how the video looks without having to click on a frame when I'm adjusting velocity or something, you know?

I think I would only consider getting 9 if it's faster takes less loading time than 8, you know? That's the only thing I would like an improvement on... x3

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:01 pm

I dig the new vegas. Feels a lot more solid and complete. It's sort of like all the other versions felt like betas and vegas 9 is the first complete version. Nice HD support too. From what I hear it's even better than premiere's.

Vanity
Org Profile

Post by Vanity » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:04 pm

idunno every vegas is the same shit :? might get this

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:02 pm

^ Depends if you do more than AMVs.
... yea ...

Return to “Heads Up!”