Trying to find Black Lagoon

This forum is for informing everyone else about special deals on stuff to buy like DVDs, cheap hard drives, blank CDs on sale, etc.
Section_XIII
Org Profile

Trying to find Black Lagoon

Post by Section_XIII » Mon May 12, 2008 1:24 am

Just heard of it recently, and I'm having trouble finding it. If I'm understanding right, only the first half is dubbed? If so that isn't a big shame, but I tend to loan out my movies a lot, and dubbed is easier to push on people.

Anyone help me out on where to go for the best price, and whether or not I can get the whole series in a box set.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Mon May 12, 2008 1:53 am

Geneon licensed the series (seasons 1 and 2) but Geneon went out of business...so only season 1 was completely released. You'll probably be hard pressed to even find season 1 anywhere now

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon May 12, 2008 2:23 am

I'd heard that other licensing companies might be picking up the lost geneon titles eventually

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Mon May 12, 2008 6:42 am

Until Black Lagoon gets picked up by another dub group, no stores will be restocking. However, from what I've observed, Black Lagoon doesn't sell very well, and most Best Buys in my city still have all of the volumes in stock. That's just where I'm at, though.

I had significant difficulty finding the third volume of Fate/stay night. In the end, I had to get it off of Amazon. If all else fails, try there.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon May 12, 2008 7:07 am

Just to make a note here but ALL of the episodes of Black Lagoon has been dubbed; it's actually getting broadcasted on Starz Edge and (if you're in Canada) G4TechTV. Now comes the question on which company is willing to distribute this.
ImageImage

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Mon May 12, 2008 11:49 pm

Just a heads up that Black Lagoon is licensed in Australia soOOoOOo like Shakugan no Shana its going to be a copy of Geneon's. Only volume 1 is out at the moment and not sure about season 2 but Black Lagoon season 1 will be easily available from Australia's Madman Entertainment.

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Tue May 13, 2008 7:21 am

OropherZero wrote:Just a heads up that Black Lagoon is licensed in Australia soOOoOOo like Shakugan no Shana its going to be a copy of Geneon's. Only volume 1 is out at the moment and not sure about season 2 but Black Lagoon season 1 will be easily available from Australia's Madman Entertainment.
:D This makes me very happy. I've imported overseas before. Thanks for the heads up.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Tue May 13, 2008 10:27 am

Black lagoon ftw. :D

Return to “Heads Up!”