Best Buy Hard Drive Deal

This forum is for informing everyone else about special deals on stuff to buy like DVDs, cheap hard drives, blank CDs on sale, etc.
NeoQuixotic
Master Procrastinator
Org Profile

Best Buy Hard Drive Deal

Post by NeoQuixotic » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:25 pm

Best Buy has a Seagate 120 GB, EIDE, 8 MB cache hard drive for only $60 after 2 mail in rebates. It starts this Sunday {9/12} and expires Saturday {9/18}. Heres a link to the deal Click Here

I know most people don't like mail in rebates, but they have always worked for me. So don't be shy ^_^!
Insert clever text/image here.

JESUS420
Org Profile

Post by JESUS420 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:11 am

i hate mail in rebates
haha

aznfs
Org Profile

Post by aznfs » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:54 am

companies generally do mail in rebates; because they know the generally public buys the item; but either is too lazy to fill in the rebate or forget to;; most of the stuff i buy at tigerdirect i have rebates for; money back in the mail :D :D :D mes a happy, just a little more for that 200gb hd :roll: or should i save it for my tution?

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:43 pm

The companies involved in the rebate process also use the fact that it takes so long to return $ to make their bottom lines look better, especially at the end of a fisical quarter.

Calim
Org Profile

Post by Calim » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:01 pm

I tried Mail in Rebate once but the company screwed me over so I had to pay the full price for 10 Hard Disks. Bastards...
"Ass's are important in todays society, but....." -By Knuckles
FUNimation Kills my innerchild
Shippo is the PIMP of all foxes ^^.
Shippo Fan Club Member

aznfs
Org Profile

Post by aznfs » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:39 pm

Calim wrote:I tried Mail in Rebate once but the company screwed me over so I had to pay the full price for 10 Hard Disks. Bastards...
lawsuit time :D

AMVfreak
Org Profile

Post by AMVfreak » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:27 pm

Calim wrote:I tried Mail in Rebate once but the company screwed me over so I had to pay the full price for 10 Hard Disks. Bastards...
how in the hell did you get the money to buy 10 harddrives? o.0
Lurid Enchantment - ICYCLOUD
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK

LovEnPeaCE
Org Profile

Post by LovEnPeaCE » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:26 am

AMVfreak wrote:
how in the hell did you get the money to buy 10 harddrives? o.0
anyways, don't companies usually have a limit on the number of rebates per household?

NeoQuixotic
Master Procrastinator
Org Profile

Post by NeoQuixotic » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:24 am

Well long story short I got that Seagate hard drive for my birthday ^_^! I've easily noticed an increase in the speed of read and writing compared to my old Western Digital 80 Gb 8 Mb cache. However I've been seeing 160 Gb Seagates goin for $60 now, sigh. I've found that the cheapest hard drives are usually the ones through mail in rebates even though many net stores carry them fairly cheap. My tip is to keep a close watch at your local electronic store's ads and pounce on the deals as soon as possible.
Insert clever text/image here.

Deus_Ex_Machina667
Org Profile

hm cheap hard drives? try this

Post by Deus_Ex_Machina667 » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:03 am

I was just looking at it and the previous poster is correct, you can find hard drives fairly cheap at online stores. when I built my machine, I got all my stuff at newegg. just out of curiousity, I decided to compare some prices on hard drives:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... pe=product

or...

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDe ... 203&depa=1

okay, I'll give you the fact that newegg's is OEM and not retail.. but still... saving 26 (shipping included) is an awesome deal and if for some reason you need an ata cable, that 26 dollars you saved won't go to waste :) bottom line is I think bestbuy is the nazi regime of all things computers and if you give it a little bit of effort, you can find things way cheaper then what they advertise. of course, you don't get any rebates.. but saving 20 dollars or so without a rebate, without having to make deadlines, without having to wait.. who could pass that up?
Black dragon, from darkness to darkness, my voice echoes in the emptiness. White dragon, from this world to the next, my voice cries with life. Red dragon, from darkness to darkness I shout, beneath my feet, all is made firm. Blue dragon, time that flows, hold in your course. Green dragon, because by fate, even the gods are cast down, weep ye all with me.

Return to “Heads Up!”