Adobe CreativeCloud - $75/month or $49/month (yearly)

This forum is for informing everyone else about special deals on stuff to buy like DVDs, cheap hard drives, blank CDs on sale, etc.
Brad
Org Profile

Adobe CreativeCloud - $75/month or $49/month (yearly)

Post by Brad » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:16 pm

So with the release of CS6, Adobe is improving upon their subscription program that they announced a year or so ago. It's a new service called CreativeCloud. As far as I can gather, if you pay $49 a month, you will have access to pretty much every Adobe Creative Suite program available (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, etc.). If I'm understanding it correctly, it'll work sort of like Steam, where you can download the program to basically any computer you want, as long as you log-in to CreativeCloud to use it. So if you've been wanting to have LEGIT copies of the Adobe suite but don't have the cash to plop down on the full shebang, this is a pretty awesome deal. And in addition to having access to the programs, they offer all kinds of cool hosting features for storing project files and things like that. Not sure if that's terribly useful for video projects, but something to keep in mind.

Also, if you already own the Creative Suite (from CS3 upwards), they're doing a promo deal where it's $29/month for the first year. Not too shabby!

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud.html

EDIT: Just got some clarification (I think). It's $75/month if you want to pay month-to-month with no commitment. If you commit to a year-long subscription, it's $49/month. So, if you know you'll be using it for at least a year, the $49/month is obviously a much better deal.
Last edited by Brad on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: Adobe CreativeCloud - $49/month

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:34 pm

$49 a month if you commit to a full year contract. $600 minimum.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Brad
Org Profile

Re: Adobe CreativeCloud - $49/month

Post by Brad » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:42 pm

That is a good point. Didn't see that part. Nevertheless though, if you think about it, if the full suite costs $2600, at $50/month, you'll need to pay for it for 4 years 4 months to match the full cost. Then if you factor in (what I'm admittedly assuming) the upgrade costs of future versions (which tend to be every couple years), normally at around $500-$600 for the master collection, you're extending it even further. I know eventually you'll get to a point where you're paying more out of pocket than if you'd bought it out-right, but for somebody that's just looking to have the whole suite at their finger-tips, who wants a legit license if they want to do commercial work (meaning, NOT the educational version) and don't want to pirate it, I think it's a pretty great offer.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Chez
Not Mexican
Org Profile

Re: Adobe CreativeCloud - $75/month or $49/month (yearly)

Post by Chez » Thu May 17, 2012 12:00 am

I love it so far!
Image I stream and stuff o.o

Return to “Heads Up!”