Is this a Legitimate site??

This forum is for informing everyone else about special deals on stuff to buy like DVDs, cheap hard drives, blank CDs on sale, etc.
lloyd9988
Org Profile

Is this a Legitimate site??

Postby lloyd9988 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:59 pm

Just found this site for anime DVDs and it seems cheaper than rightstuf.com.

I can't tell if its bootlegged stuff or not... To me, it looks pretty legit, but the pricing for a set of DVDs is making me skeptical...

i.e. They're selling the whole season of Puella Magi Madoka Magica for $14.00 even though its a brand new season.
~Yo~

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: Is this a Legitimate site??

Postby CodeZTM » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:21 pm

A general rule is that if it's too good to be true, that it usually is. And with prices that cheap for a new season, then it''s probably illegitimate.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Postby Kireblue » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:28 pm

I once bought the complete series of Zero No Tsukaima for that price from ebay. The video quality of the episodes were actually less than that of the fansubs that I already had on my computer. The moral of the story is
CodeZTM wrote:A general rule is that if it's too good to be true, that it usually is. And with prices that cheap for a new season, then it''s probably illegitimate.

Also, according to play Asia, the last dvd of the series doesn't even come out till September.
http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/19-71 ... 20dvd.html
Japanese dvds usually only have 2 episodes on them and are $60 per disc. Japanese anime companies milk their customers dry, and Akihabara otaku apparently don't even care.

blaksun
The one and lonely ... only
Org Profile

Postby blaksun » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:51 am

i have look a rund and i fund some bad things a but the side fist thee say thee have amines that don't have(you pay they don't delver) and 2nd the ask for a photo copy of you credit card (that is illegal in my country) so i say stay a way
Text endless companions so foe raid ones and even less that makes sense :)

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Postby lloyd9988 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:09 am

Thanks guys, glad to know there are some places to stay away from. :)
~Yo~

Return to “Heads Up!”