Target selling Empty Ink Cartrages!

This forum is for informing everyone else about special deals on stuff to buy like DVDs, cheap hard drives, blank CDs on sale, etc.
post-it
Org Profile

Target selling Empty Ink Cartrages!

Post by post-it » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:39 pm

Do Not Buy Your Printers Ink Jet Cartridges at Tartget at the Lake Street & Minihaha
location in Minneapolis, Mn; when I loaded them into the printer, they read empty ..
an I just bought them!!! .. Target say's that, "Its not their fault" yet I brought them
back to the store within two(2) hours of purchase. They will not honor Defective Merchandise returns.

If a Target store does this kinda stuff here, in Minneapolis Mn, I can guarantee their
doing it elsewhere. Soo, Buyer -- Beware! Its only $68.00 but; that's not the point,
now I'm out of money and Ink!

Ink Jet Type #61 -- and yes, I've got the receipts!

.. Anyone else having problems with General Merchandise at Targets?

Statz
Org Profile

Re: Target selling Empty Ink Cartrages!

Post by Statz » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:08 pm

I've purchased black ink from Target (specifically EPSON 88) and when opened the box, there was a magenta cartridge in there.... I got my $9.99 back lol
Target, from what I've experienced, usually doesn't have a huge problem with this kind of stuff. Usually they just place things in the wrong areas...

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:28 pm

They only read as empty or are they actually empty? If it's the former, they're refurbs that haven't had their eprom reset to show as full. You can edit the registry keys on the printer driver to always read as full, or get a cartridge flasher that resets the counter to factory defaults.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:34 pm

.. would have loved to "reset" things but; these were both actually Empty and on the shelves as New & Sealed!

I tryed to work with the store managers at that location - with nothing changing.
I got in touch with the main store at 9th & Nicolet and they said, "yeah, we've heard of numerous problems
from that store and being a franchise there's not much we can do about it!"

I got in touch with BBB.org and stopped the charges to my credit card plus started a little "snow ball from hell"
rolling down hill at that store and dropped sales to the Nicolet store by starting Road Construction in front of
the store for about 4 weeks a little earlier than announced. If its GOD MODE that gets a response these days;
then No Problem :twisted: I know that game ALL TO WELL :twisted:

.. really wish businesses would quit thinking that the consumer is an idiot; its starting to piss me off!

Coderjo
Org Profile

Post by Coderjo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:42 am

Unfortunately, it is generally hard to believe that a new, boxed item would be empty or otherwise screwed up. I think several store chains are getting occasionally burned with bad lots.

I nearly got burned at Best Buy when buying a hard drive that I needed promptly. I bought a 2GB WD green drive that had shrink wrap. I got home (after a couple other stops) and opened it up to discover some old, used parallel ATA drive in the box. I rushed to the store and got there just before closing. After explaining the situation, the customer service person had to talk with the CS manager. Eventually, the CS person I talked to came back and told me to get another drive off the shelf. There were two left, one in shrinkwrap and one not. I grabbed the other shrinkwrapped one. They opened it, and luckily for me, had another old used PATA drive in it. They then told me to get another, which I did. That box had the correct drive in it. Either someone in the supply chain swapped them, or some jerk "customer" bought one, swapped it, then put shinkwrap on it to return it with minimal questions, twice. Hint: no newer WD drive, in the smaller box, comes with shrinkwrap, but rather with WD seal stickers on the flaps.

Now, any time I have a need to buy a drive at BB, I open the box in front of the security guy at the door before leaving the store, just out of paranoia.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:52 am

Swapping merchandise in returns is a pretty profitable business. It's one of those supply vectors that keeps eBay running (outside of bootleg media). It's a lot less likely to be tracked than jacking a delivery truck (and it's a non-violent crime, so you're on the hook for less if you get caught). Electronics stores deal with this all the time. That's why you occasionally get real hard-asses in the customer service desk for returns processing - they've most likely been dealing with a rash of them lately.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “Heads Up!”