My friend and the person i love just disowned me

This forum is for general self promotion and the like or just to say "Hello".
Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:59 am

One of my brother's friends (and a friend of mine) who we've been friends with for twelve years came close... he was an alcoholic and a pothead. He'd get drunk and steal cars, do some bad shit. Then he'd get caught and go to jail. After he got of jail, he suffered from depression and his parents wouldn't let him back home. He came to us and we let him stay on the condition that he limited his drinking (which he did), because he's a cool guy with a lot of talent as long as he's sober. But one night, he got a hold of some vodka and drained most of it. Next thing we knew, he broke down our door and started running. My brother and I had to chase him for a good ten minutes, we caught him with a razor in his hand. He swung at my brother once, and I punched him in the face as hard as I could, which knocked him out.

Sounds almost funny right now, but it was one of the worst things I'd ever had to go through. Seeing such a good friend in that state... this all happened near a church and the pastor drove up in a car and gave us a ride home, didn't ask any questions or try to convert us (he really surprised me). I'm sure he could tell our friend was drunk.

He's gone through rehab a few times and he's been sober for three months now, but I'm always worried about him. And I hate worrying. :?

And Ari, I know what you mean about anger as opposed to apathy.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

SS5_Majin_Bebi
Location: Why? So you can pretend you care? (Brisbane, Australia)
Org Profile

Post by SS5_Majin_Bebi » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:08 am

Well I personally hope he hasnt gone and done anything totally daft... if losing a girl to a complete butthead is the worst pain he ever has to suffer then hes a lucky lucky guy.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:39 am

Losing the person you love (or even lust after but think you love, which is much more likely his case) is about the worst emotional pain anyone can go through.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:47 am

Ok Jim Hawkings21122, I'm going to try and help put things in perspective, but don't take what I have to say to literally. Despite what you've said it isn't thw whole story and I don't wanna try playing psychologist on a message board. I know what living with peopel that have suicidal depression is like. I've seen people that are as crippled mentally as much as they are physically. Sometimes the pain goes away, sometimes it stays with you forever. Things may take a turn for the worse and someone may do something stupid and kill themselves. It'll hurt, amybe for the rest of your life, but the only way you'll know is if you wait and see. Secondly, put things in perspective. You're talking about someone you've known for 3 months, yes you care about her deeply and her suffering is hurting you, but for christs sake, you arent going to do much help for her if when you're pushing up daisies. And please, see a shrink, for you and for her. They know what they're doing and believe it or not DO help people through their problems and get them feeling better.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

El Banana
Org Profile

Post by El Banana » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:56 am

Your post came about 7 hours too late. Whatever he did, he'll have done it already. :?
I like bugging people. Deal with it.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:06 am

If he's dead I'm gonna be real pissed. And not at him. :?
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:11 am

Veldrin wrote:DO IT! *holds up foam hand*
If I were you Veldrin, I'd be wishing for an edit button right now. :?

MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

Post by MistyCaldwell » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:25 am

I know that this guy has entered into amv contests before and they would have his address and phone number. I don't particularly think that people who tell people they are going to kill themselevs will, they are really calling for help. But in any case, this guy has serious problems dealing with emotional problems. Feeling sad and depressed over emotional pain can be overwhelming, I know, I broke up with someone after being with them for 3 years and it was a month before I had an appetite or felt like doing anything fun. Wanting to just die to stop feeling sad is one thing, but wanting to actually kill yourself, and making a plan to do it, end your one and only life, that is something that is a sign of serious mental problems. This guy needs to have the police called to his house, needs to spend some time in a hospice or hospital, needs to learn some coping skills. Life is full of hard feelings and crap. If you really don't think you can take life, then, well, your life is your own. But if you tell people you obviously don't really want to die, you just need help. I'm going to email the coordinators of any contests I can find...maybe the mods could get his ISP and email his provider so they can try. It may be a lot for one person, he could be faking, over reacting and not doing anything but playing games or in bed right now, but he has issues that his parents need to know about. Suicide is not an answer, and it could make the difference in someone's life if someone else will intervene.....

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:27 am

Actually people that are going to kill themselves DO tell people beforehand, ALOT. And since he did that's why I'm worried. Well that and people telling him he wouldn't or egging him on to do so.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:28 am

MistyCaldwell wrote:I'm going to email the coordinators of any contests I can find...maybe the mods could get his ISP and email his provider so they can try. It may be a lot for one person, he could be faking, over reacting and not doing anything but playing games or in bed right now, but he has issues that his parents need to know about. Suicide is not an answer, and it could make the difference in someone's life if someone else will intervene.....
That's why I like you. ^_^

Return to “It's all about me!”