My friend and the person i love just disowned me

This forum is for general self promotion and the like or just to say "Hello".
SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:27 am

The concept of suicide is upsetting and illogical to me, and encouraging it is something I consider to be right up their with manslaughter. You people should be ashamed of yourselves. :?
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:28 am

Suicide is illogical... until you have reason to want it all to end. :(
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

jonmartensen
Org Profile

Post by jonmartensen » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:29 am

Arigatomyna wrote:
jonmartensen wrote:If you're going to commite suicide, at least do it in the most painful way possible. That way you aren't wussing out.
I don't know about that - most people do it to stop *being* in pain (emotional, physical, etc). It seems a little dumb to me for someone to purposely cause himself pain in order to escape pain. Defeating the purpose much?
Which is the whole point :wink:

Onideus_Mad_Hatter
Org Profile

Post by Onideus_Mad_Hatter » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:30 am

SSJVegita0609 wrote:The concept of suicide is upsetting and illogical to me, and encouraging it is something I consider to be right up their with manslaughter. You people should be ashamed of yourselves. :?
I'm *SO* ashamed of myself! Hey look, it's me, being ashamed of myself: :oops:

:P
[size=0]
Image[/size]

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:31 am

flint_the_dwarf wrote:Suicide is illogical... until you have reason to want it all to end. :(
As a biology enthusist, I just can't understand why people would want to waste something as complex and entensive as the human body. Everything is just so... well-placed.

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:32 am

Onideus_Mad_Hatter wrote:
SSJVegita0609 wrote:The concept of suicide is upsetting and illogical to me, and encouraging it is something I consider to be right up their with manslaughter. You people should be ashamed of yourselves. :?
I'm *SO* ashamed of myself! Hey look, it's me, being ashamed of myself: :oops:

:P
:roll:

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:33 am

I'm not encouraging it, I'm showing my disdain for it.

He already cut his wrists (if what he posted was true), so there's nothing to encourage or discourage - unless you want to gang up and have everyone tell him to put bandages on and call 911. I'll back that if you like, that's all anyone can do now that he's already started. But that was hours ago, so it doesn't make any difference now. All we can do is discourage future people from doing this publically - not by giving them some sappy 'poor thing let me hold you' sympathy that will only lead desperate attention seekers to trying the same thing in the future - but by showing how dumb and cruel it is to kill yourself.

That he would say that in front of his friends - people on here who cared about him, shows that he doesn't care about them in return. No one would hurt his friends by doing something like this, or threatening to, unless he cared more about himself than he did about them.

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:35 am

Arigatomyna wrote:
I'm not encouraging it, I'm showing my disdain for it.
I was refering to posts more along the line of Veld's from the bottom of the first page.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:36 am

SSJVegita0609 wrote:I was refering to posts more along the line of Veld's from the bottom of the first page.
Oh. Nevermind. ~_~

[And I'm not really as apathetic as I'm acting - I'm just pissed that he'd do this. I thought better of him.]

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:42 am

Arigatomyna wrote:
SSJVegita0609 wrote:I was refering to posts more along the line of Veld's from the bottom of the first page.
Oh. Nevermind. ~_~

[And I'm not really as apathetic as I'm acting - I'm just pissed that he'd do this. I thought better of him.]
I've had to deal with so many people contemplating suicide since I've joined the org, although its been a few months since the last one. I remember about a year ago I had an aim conversation that lasted the better part of 6 hours convincing someone I'd just met that I wanted them to stay alive.

The way I see it, it really can happen to anyone, especially if they're in the 15-21 age group. That's when the brain is undergoing serious developement of the pre-frontal cortex. This means that when teens undergo emotional stress they can develope symptoms similar to that of a minor schitzophrinea, which is why stuff like this is so commonplace.

Thank god I'm one of those people who's generally indifferent about things that happen to me.

Return to “It's all about me!”