IT'S SNOWING!!!!!

This forum is for general self promotion and the like or just to say "Hello".
Jonathan02us
Org Profile

Post by Jonathan02us » Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:55 pm

angelx03 wrote:
Farmboybob wrote:
angelx03 wrote:
Farmboybob wrote:It was windy as hell down here in NC all day. And cold to boot, as of now at my house it is about 34F. For me thats cold as hell. I dunno about you northerners. :D
During winter times for us, 34 deg F is somewhat decent weather. Around 50 deg F, that's our warm spot. 8)
I figured you would say something like that. Our average warm is like 70F and average cold is like 40F. 8) But that means we only get snow about one time a year, and it is never much and even if it is like an inch we are out of school for about 2 days. North Carloinians are a bunch of pussies. :oops:
I wish that situation would happen in Connecticut or even New York. :cry:

I wish that it would snow here at least once so that school would be canceled :D. But i guess not, the weather here is southern cali is great, nice and warm, but i like the cold every once in a while gives u reason to snuggle up with someone lol . :wink:
He who asks a question may be a fool for five minutes. But he who never asks a question remains a fool forever. -Tom J. Connelly
Image ..... >>>>>;) <<<<< ..... Click here for my newest vid
King of Spam=Jonathan02us .... Queen of spam=Karou_ken

jonmartensen
Org Profile

Post by jonmartensen » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:07 am

I wore shorts and lounged on a grassy hill in the sun today :mrgreen: It was perfect weather. About 70º F with slightly cooler winds and warm sunshine.

Gaikotsu
Org Profile

Post by Gaikotsu » Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:10 am

Bah! You people and your double-digit temperatures! In the dead of winter in the upper peninsula of Michigan, we're sometimes lucky if it even gets close to 10 degrees F.
Who knows what fires burn in the souls of others, or what burdens weigh upon their hearts?

pyro_256
Org Profile

Post by pyro_256 » Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:02 am

it's not cold until it's at below -5 degrees celsius.

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:01 am

Farmboybob wrote:North Carloinians are a bunch of pussies. :oops:
but you have to deal with hurricanes, or is that only on the coast?

it snowed today in ithaca (2hrs from rochester), but nothing's piled up. oh well, i stayed indoors most of the day anyways.
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

Jonathan02us
Org Profile

Post by Jonathan02us » Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:00 pm

downwithpants wrote:
Farmboybob wrote:North Carloinians are a bunch of pussies. :oops:
but you have to deal with hurricanes, or is that only on the coast?

it snowed today in ithaca (2hrs from rochester), but nothing's piled up. oh well, i stayed indoors most of the day anyways.
OHHH snow, i like snow, ive only touched real snow like once, i wanna have a real snow fight, that would be fun and there would be absolutely no school, YEAH. :P
He who asks a question may be a fool for five minutes. But he who never asks a question remains a fool forever. -Tom J. Connelly
Image ..... >>>>>;) <<<<< ..... Click here for my newest vid
King of Spam=Jonathan02us .... Queen of spam=Karou_ken

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:28 pm

the sad thing is, they don't cancel classes in college for snow. it sucks when you have to go to lab at night when its 30 below with wind chill and there's snow gusting in your face, and all you want to do is stay in your room where it's literally a hundred degrees warmer.

but i'm still a fan of the snow. skiing and snowboarding and sledding would be a bit more difficult without it. :P

anyways, it's still snowing, and still nothing is piling up. :/
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

J-0080
Org Profile

Post by J-0080 » Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:14 pm

They don't cancel college classes for snow you say? Here in KC during snowstorms I've heard college closings on the radio and news station.
paizuri wrote:There's also no need for introductions because we're generally a friendly bunch and will welcome you with wide open arms anyway.

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:58 pm

now that's really sad. it snowed pretty much for 5 months straight last year december to april and not even a consideration of a canceled class.

well community colleges get snow cancellations because more of the students live away from campus, so they drive or bus to school, and weather is more important to them than universities where pretty much lives within walking distance of their campuses.

Gaikotsu
Org Profile

Post by Gaikotsu » Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:21 pm

I had a professor last year who lived way out on some back road. She cancelled her class once or twice because the road to her house didn't get plowed.
Who knows what fires burn in the souls of others, or what burdens weigh upon their hearts?

Return to “It's all about me!”