DOD

This forum is for general self promotion and the like or just to say "Hello".
Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:22 pm

Yea, I can see why people would be putting up with it though, especially for DoD - a great game that runs well, looks good, and doesn't lag up. Heh, props to people for putting up with steam.

The main reason I don't like Steam though, besides the bugs, is the fact that it essentially takes away the offline LAN play aspect. That pisses me off since there is a large LAN party team here and Steam is causing a big problem. How on earth will you find an internet connection for 60 people in one place?

I'm just mad since they went out and tried to fix something that wasn't really broken, and in the process removed an important play mode.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

R-A-N-M-A
Org Profile

Post by R-A-N-M-A » Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:24 pm

JUst remeber Steam is about a thousand times better than WON, except WON really sucked, Steam just sucks.
- New Banner in the Works -

Still Johnny Fish

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:30 pm

yeah, it sucked, but at least it let me play offline :(
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

R-A-N-M-A
Org Profile

Post by R-A-N-M-A » Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:34 pm

What, how? How did you play offline? Do you mean in local area?

Still Johnny Fish

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:42 pm

Yea, that. We have a 60-people LAN joint going here a few times every year, and that makes a pain in the ass to organize it w/steam....

R-A-N-M-A
Org Profile

Post by R-A-N-M-A » Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:44 pm

I suppose but thoes without massive networks like myself probably think it is vastly improved. Most people bash Steam then someone reminds them about how bad WON was.

Still Johnny Fish

Return to “It's all about me!”