CHRISTMAS TREE DECORATING HELP

This forum is for general self promotion and the like or just to say "Hello".
StreetFuryX
Org Profile

CHRISTMAS TREE DECORATING HELP

Post by StreetFuryX » Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:48 pm

I need help for a school service project. Each club and athletic team @ our school is supposed to decorate this 3 foot artificial tree (w/ lights) in accordance w/the organization we belong too. Ex. soccer team is decorating with soccer related ornaments & matching tree skirt. Each tree is also required to have a tree skirt of some kind.

I need help for decorating a tree for the chess club. Last year they used chess pieces as ornaments and it didn't raffle well. The trees end up being raffled and the money goes to the scholarships. So please suggest any helpful ideas. Thank!

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:20 pm

Hmm....why not make different representations of what the chess peices are supposed to be....like a knight, a queen, king etc....

If you wanna go really crazy, why not do that then make them all Christmas-y...like Santa's the King, Mrs. Clause the Queen, the pawns are the elves...etc....

/creativeness for the night ^^

J-0080
Org Profile

Post by J-0080 » Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:56 am

And have a string of popcorn, people like popcorn.
paizuri wrote:There's also no need for introductions because we're generally a friendly bunch and will welcome you with wide open arms anyway.

)v(ajin Koji
Org Profile

Post by )v(ajin Koji » Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:40 am

popcorn is so goddamn YUM
I'm bored and you're dumb. A match made in heaven.
- Kai Stromler to son_goten.
Last edited by )v(ajin Koji on Mon 21, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

StreetFuryX
Org Profile

Post by StreetFuryX » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:38 am

Hmm....why not make different representations of what the chess peices are supposed to be....like a knight, a queen, king etc....
That's a great idea! :P How would I do that though? Like make the enitre tree a certain chess piece, or make the chess pieces themselves? Sorry for the questions, you did spark an interesting idea. :D

Feria
Org Profile

Post by Feria » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:49 am

You could try having black and white random balls... You could also try having a king at the top maybe...
The very thing that I am trying to prove to not exist is the very thing holding me back...

Feria
Org Profile

Post by Feria » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:51 am

OR they could be like those paper angels you get.... you could hang black and white ones...
The very thing that I am trying to prove to not exist is the very thing holding me back...

*tioma*
Org Profile

Post by *tioma* » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:54 am

the tree skirt could be black and white like a chess board

R-A-N-M-A
Org Profile

Post by R-A-N-M-A » Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:54 pm

Make a chese board out of naked to semi-naked chicks, then make a matching chessboard, voila, you tree = unstopable.
- New Banner in the Works -

Still Johnny Fish

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:04 pm

streetfuryx wrote:That's a great idea! How would I do that though? Like make the enitre tree a certain chess piece, or make the chess pieces themselves? Sorry for the questions, you did spark an interesting idea.
Hmm....making the whole tree one chess peice would be kinda difficult and such...the actual peices...I don't know...*is not artsy* ....paper mache? or like little stained glass kinda things (you could do that with cardboard and tissue paper)....be creative it's your tree :P

Return to “It's all about me!”