A sort of new member

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
BrokenFuse
Org Profile

Post by BrokenFuse » Thu Jul 18, 2002 4:13 pm

WMM doesn't do as many as the cool special effects that Premiere has. I would like to do more than just fadeing effects.
"That was a computer simulation program, and it prove to me that you don't know what I like and what I like to do, and that is to tell you what to do, and you need to listen to what I say because I'm going to eat your brain."

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Thu Jul 18, 2002 4:46 pm

Yes, but it's simple! I mean, I'm switching over to Premiere, but I still like to use WMM just as a storboard tool. I can make a video in it to get my ideas expressed, then go back in Premiere and make the video the way I want it. Besides, WMM is really good in the hands of a master. Just look at MJ's "Liquid Petals!"
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

BrokenFuse
Org Profile

Post by BrokenFuse » Thu Jul 18, 2002 4:51 pm

good point
"That was a computer simulation program, and it prove to me that you don't know what I like and what I like to do, and that is to tell you what to do, and you need to listen to what I say because I'm going to eat your brain."

temjin
Org Profile

Post by temjin » Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:09 pm

it's not that bad when you get used to it

temjin
Org Profile

Post by temjin » Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:10 pm

or engulf it in leather

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:27 pm

Rozard wrote: Besides, WMM is really good in the hands of a master. Just look at MJ's "Liquid Petals!"
Master? O_o;;;

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Master????

Post by AMV_4000 » Sat Jul 20, 2002 1:27 pm

well maby you have mastered wmm.... but come on, when you mater it you have to find a better program to keep up with you... right mj?

Bu*k**e for life

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Sat Jul 20, 2002 2:19 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:
Rozard wrote: Besides, WMM is really good in the hands of a master. Just look at MJ's "Liquid Petals!"
Master? O_o;;;
Come one, MJ, don't be so modest! :P At any rate, MJ might not be a 'master,' but "Liquid Petals" has to be my favorite AMV made on WMM! (Except for my You Give Me Somthing of course :twisted: )
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Re: Master????

Post by mexicanjunior » Sat Jul 20, 2002 3:24 pm

AMV_4000 wrote:well maby you have mastered wmm.... but come on, when you mater it you have to find a better program to keep up with you... right mj?

Bu*k**e for life
No!!! I'm a WMM lifer! =P (J/K!)

Sub0
Org Profile

Post by Sub0 » Sat Jul 20, 2002 3:55 pm

BrokenFuse wrote:I also was woundering what video editting software I should. I have been working with Windows Movie Maker, but you can only do so much with it. I know all the great AMV creaters use Adobe and I would like to use it, but it's a little pricey :( . Is there any other good editting software thats close to Adobe, but not as costly. It'll be awhile till I could aford something like Adobe.
I started on Virtual Dub and that's what I suggest!! Get a couple fading plugins, earthquake etc. and you can peice together AVIs in minutes! Of coarse, using Premiere as a storyboard (since it has that l337 timeline).

And you DO know that you don't have too pay retail for Premiere? 0.o no! I'm not talking about pirating... if you have a school ID card than you can get it LEGALLY for the academic price (many college stores would have it, XP too) which is like 1/2 retail. Or of coarse, you could get the 30 day demo... or get it with your next DV card. Still that's like a couple hundred ;-p a cheap ($50?) alternative is Ulead Media Studio, there are guides on this sight that go over that.

And your 'what not too do' question? Just be your usual weird self and don't listen to any b**** that tell you otherwise ;-p (wasisnames 10 things not too do is SO wrong, I break ~5 of those in each of my vids ;-p)

Return to “General AMV”