So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
BecauseImBored1
Org Profile

Re: So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

Post by BecauseImBored1 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:47 pm

RetroMegabyte wrote: Dude, there's nothing wrong with wanting to show off your editing skills to the world, especially when your AMV is an awesome one. The reason why I lost the AMV competitions I entered was because of the unpolished editing which I had absolutely no time to fix before the deadline, but that's another story entirely. Back on track.

For me, AMV editing is really fun! But I tend to get disappointed and when I'm taking my video editing skills to the next level and I don't succeed in the way I had once hoped. That's when it gets stressful. The AMV scene is a very intense and competitive scene to be a part of, (I'm talking in terms of AMVs in general, not just contests) the competitive pressure from the community is what really hits me the most, it stresses me out, but I guess that's just part of how it is. I will still make awesome AMVs!

Life is full of dispointments either keep trying or give up. I made over 100 vids before people even bothered to watch anything of mine. The only pressure that exists is the one you put on yourself. If you out for some kind of amv fame you're never gonna be happy with what you edit.

eternalIkuto10
Org Profile

Post by eternalIkuto10 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:05 am

Thank you, I will go from there. I can now see that the first three AMV's I made are complete ass.
Usagi jumps in, gleefully, "Yes, Mina-Chan! That's true. Maybe if we continue to remain positive, even in this blackness that's filling the sky and air, we can draw the evil enemies out from their wretched hole."

Ami follows up, "Indeed, light dis-spells darkness, just as love overcomes hate."

Rei interrupts, "Shouldn't that be my line?"

Ami sweat drops, then continues, "The truth is, we just have to remain positive."

^A section from one of my Sailor Moon Fanfictions.

exkcal
Org Profile

Post by exkcal » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:17 pm

eternalIkuto10 wrote:Thank you, I will go from there. I can now see that the first three AMV's I made are complete ass.
We all start some where. The couple amvs I have on my channel could be hit or miss but doesn't mean I can't be proud of them. Have fun with it!

eternalIkuto10
Org Profile

Post by eternalIkuto10 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:49 pm

exkcal wrote:
eternalIkuto10 wrote:Thank you, I will go from there. I can now see that the first three AMV's I made are complete ass.
We all start some where. The couple amvs I have on my channel could be hit or miss but doesn't mean I can't be proud of them. Have fun with it!
Thank you! This is definitely a lot of fun! :D
Usagi jumps in, gleefully, "Yes, Mina-Chan! That's true. Maybe if we continue to remain positive, even in this blackness that's filling the sky and air, we can draw the evil enemies out from their wretched hole."

Ami follows up, "Indeed, light dis-spells darkness, just as love overcomes hate."

Rei interrupts, "Shouldn't that be my line?"

Ami sweat drops, then continues, "The truth is, we just have to remain positive."

^A section from one of my Sailor Moon Fanfictions.

Bobby Lin
Org Profile

Post by Bobby Lin » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:03 pm

Extremely comprehensive! I love it :D

I think my favorite part about your guide is that you include a section for "Motivation." People sometimes forget to focus on the emotion behind music videos, not just the technical strategies and stuff.

I think it's also important that you included a "Lessons neglected" section; this will really help people to follow their priorities when making a music video.

May I also add an extra tid bit? Anyone can find video editing courses online to maximize their abilities in the sections you mentioned and expounded on (MFGSSUS). I just thought I'd add a relevant link to help people sharpen their skills interactives, after reading your awesome guide:
http://www.valoso.com/blog/5-online-vid ... ome-a-pro/

Btw, I think it's important that you started off some of your sections with questions. This engages the reader and helps him gain focus.

:dino: :shark:

xKyo
Org Profile

Post by xKyo » Thu May 26, 2016 2:36 pm

I've been a fan of AMV for about five years now and always wanted to make them, but never actually got to learning how to do it until now. This is very helpful, and very interesting, too. What I've done ever since I got into AMVs is, sometimes I would just listen to a sing and visualize an AMV to it. Interestingly my visualizations actually follow a lot of these guidelines or tips or however you want to call it. I hope that's a talent, but I guess I won't find out until I actually get to my first AMV! One bad thing about visualizations is probably, that whatever I visualized probably won't match the scenes I'm getting, but it still gives me a brief layout and a point to start at least. But I already know - whether I'm talented or not, I'll keep working until I become good. :P

Iamtctru
Org Profile

Post by Iamtctru » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:19 am

Great guide thanks.

DopplerDo
Org Profile

Post by DopplerDo » Thu May 04, 2017 8:15 pm

Holy crap thank you for putting all of this together! I came across this awhile ago and still give it a re-read now and then. Well done!

Yukiteramanu
Org Profile

Post by Yukiteramanu » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:34 am

Well... well... well! WHAT A NICE TUTORIAL!
Thanks a lot dude!
Yukiteramanu was here :jester:

Return to “General AMV”