Favorite anime in AMVs?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:45 pm

Anything that hasn't been / has rarely been used.

Seeing the Lucky Star / Haruhi dance, Kenshin killing Tomoe, Shinji being emo, Karas being badass, Naota growing stuff out of his head, Avent Children awesome "camera" movements, goddess-trio singing [...] scenes gets annoying and boring really fast.

On the other hand, if it's an anime I don't know at all, I usually enjoy the video alot more. Seeing scenes you don't know yet well used with music is much better :up:

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:48 pm

Fall_Child42 wrote:
Scott Green wrote:wrong music for an Anime where it just doesn't fit....
NOT POSSIBLE.
you know I used to think that, but I've gotten such a bad response in my Rec based (Romantic) Metallica's Sad But True AMV saying the combo just doesn't fit when in all reality it DOES, ask anybody who's experienced a lasting relationship. That I think the bottom line is the general nerd (org) public tend to think with their brains a whole lot more than with their heart... and stuff. It's an artistic expression, it's not meant to be thought about.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:55 pm

Knowname wrote:
Fall_Child42 wrote:
NOT POSSIBLE.
you know I used to think that, but I've gotten such a bad response in my Rec based (Romantic) Metallica's Sad But True AMV saying the combo just doesn't fit when in all reality it DOES, ask anybody who's experienced a lasting relationship. That I think the bottom line is the general nerd (org) public tend to think with their brains a whole lot more than with their heart... and stuff. It's an artistic expression, it's not meant to be thought about.
Maybe if you'd actually edited the thing instead of just randomly placing scenes one after another with very little actual editing...:roll:

I agree with Todd. If you're creative enough, you can probably make anything work. However, you can't just put two initially conflicting sources together and call it originality - you have to actually make them work.

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:57 pm

You know, I do think that the anime plays a large role in how much I enjoy the AMV, however, I have not seen all the anime for the AMVs I watch, there are plenty of series I have read about, but have never gotten around to watching, and I still enjoy the AMV.

Personally, the editing skill, pace, song selection etc have a much larger influence on me, and while I will refuse to download anymore Naruto AMVs, it does not mean that the ones I do download I don't enjoy.

In fact, I think that it's the reverse. I won't be more likely to download/enjoy an AMV if it uses an anime I enjoy, but I'd be more likely to NOT download an AMV if it was using an anime I don't really like. I know it's not a huge difference, but it's more in the sense that "i can remember better which anime I hate, rather than the huge list of anime I love"

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:17 pm

Knowname wrote:
Fall_Child42 wrote:
NOT POSSIBLE.
I think the bottom line is the general nerd (org) tends to think with their brains a whole lot more than with their heart... and stuff. It's an artistic expression, it's not meant to be thought about.
Lookin' for a fight? :O

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:40 pm

CrackTheSky wrote:
Knowname wrote:
Fall_Child42 wrote:
NOT POSSIBLE.
Maybe if you'd actually edited the thing instead of just randomly placing scenes one after another with very little actual editing...:roll:

I agree with Todd. If you're creative enough, you can probably make anything work. However, you can't just put two initially conflicting sources together and call it originality - you have to actually make them work.
PROBABLY. Just doesn't work for everybody (and with the editing... I know, I fail lol)
.orgstrudel wrote: YOU COMPARING NERDS LIKE MYSELF TO THE ORG??
very much so, isn't it obvious?? :o (reason 1 I may NEVER show my face at awa... cuz I'd probly just get jumped ~_~ too many nerds in one place is never a good thing)

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:46 pm

JCD wrote:Anything that hasn't been / has rarely been used.

Seeing the Lucky Star / Haruhi dance, Kenshin killing Tomoe, Shinji being emo, Karas being badass, Naota growing stuff out of his head, Avent Children awesome "camera" movements, goddess-trio singing [...] scenes gets annoying and boring really fast.

On the other hand, if it's an anime I don't know at all, I usually enjoy the video alot more. Seeing scenes you don't know yet well used with music is much better :up:
Agreed to an extend, however I find it very interesting how many editors can use the exact same scenes, yet give it an entirely different and unique feel. For example, I don't know how many Kanon AMVs I've seen use the same recycled footage yet they all manage to give it their own spin, and I enjoy comparing how each editor has handled the same situation differently.

Of course, there's always the exception (beyond the clouds etc) that just makes you go "dear god... not again"

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:21 pm

Pas1990 wrote:Agreed to an extend, however I find it very interesting how many editors can use the exact same scenes, yet give it an entirely different and unique feel. For example, I don't know how many Kanon AMVs I've seen use the same recycled footage yet they all manage to give it their own spin, and I enjoy comparing how each editor has handled the same situation differently.

Of course, there's always the exception (beyond the clouds etc) that just makes you go "dear god... not again"
says the kiwi, and why do we do it??
Crackerz wrote:If you're creative enough, you can probably make anything work.

Ghet
Org Profile

Post by Ghet » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:23 pm

sunwukong86 wrote:
Ghet wrote:
sunwukong86 wrote: Yeah, and I wont watch eye candy AMVs
dosnt that kinda defy the purpose of them being "eye candy?"

eye candy is something that is enjoyable to watch - which is why you download vids in the first place, amirite?
I'll give you an example. Rezz's "Shapeshifter" video. Sure his effects are really impressive, but it leaves you wondering why you waisted time watching it. Id rather watch a video that has emotional sync. Id rather see how creative an editor can be story/concept wise than how he/she can whore effects.
thats still not eye candy dude...
if you dont enjoy the video its not considered eye candy, therefore its a very loose term.

one can call a 5cm/s video eye candy because of superior emotional and mood sync, or someone could call shapeshifter eye candy because of the flashy effects.
eye candy can not be solely defined as one genere, its different for every individual, and may vary based on the video and how its made.

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:30 pm

Knowname wrote:
Pas1990 wrote:Agreed to an extend, however I find it very interesting how many editors can use the exact same scenes, yet give it an entirely different and unique feel. For example, I don't know how many Kanon AMVs I've seen use the same recycled footage yet they all manage to give it their own spin, and I enjoy comparing how each editor has handled the same situation differently.

says the kiwi, and why do we do it??
Crackerz wrote:If you're creative enough, you can probably make anything work.
What's your point? Of course if you are creative enough, you could make anything work, and I did read through the thread before posting. However, how many people actually do manage to do that? And of those, how many are successful. I'm not saying it's impossible, I never did, but if you want to be speaking on just broad terms, then anything is possible and this whole discussion is invalid.

Also, my being a Kiwi has nothing to do with it :?

Return to “General AMV”