General discussion of Anime Music Videos
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:50 pm

theres famous people on this site?
where?!?!?!?!!?!?

O.o

most of the "famous people" i "talk to" never tried to be "famous" they just made good videos how they wanted them to be made, and flirted with everything that was willing to talk to them O:

in other news:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! HOLEY CRAP! I MADE THE FINALS!!

:X I never saw that comming seriously O:

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Re: How do you get fame here?

Post by godix » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:53 pm

Banass wrote:Maybe that it is just me, but it seems that being known on this site is kind of hard.
It is always the same 10-15 creators who attracts all the others. Everything they create is great/fabulous/marvellous, just because they have made 1 or 2 hits in the past.

New AMV makers don't have to be ignored. Support would be more appreciated.
It's been somewhat recently pointed out to me that almost all my videos have over 1k hits which actually makes me at semi-popular. Not one of the uber-editors of course, but still more popular than the 'WOO HOO I FINALLY GOT 100 HITS AFTER HAVING A VIDEO UP A YEAR!' editors. Shocked the hell out of me to learn that. So anyway, speaking as someone who has achieved semi-fame, I'd like to point out that everything you've been told in this thread is wrong. You know that bit about making a good video everyone keeps repeating? That takes effort and talent so fuck that shit. That friends thing? Hell with that, that requires putting up with the moronic mongoloids around here. Post helpful info? Oh hell no. Care about the hobby or community? Yeah. Right. Like that's gonna happen.

Here's the truth on how to become at least semi-popular. Be an asshole. Seriously. It works. Your motto in life should be 'If you can't say something mean to someone then you just haven't thought about it enough'. That is the key to popularity. And not just on the org, that there is pretty good advise on how to live your life as well.

Yok/0
do not feed
Org Profile

Post by Yok/0 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:00 am

but yea donating lots of money every month to the org would make your amvs popular if you don't wanna go through much of the effort.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:03 am

AMV_4000 wrote:koop beowolf atomx and decoy
OMG OMG OMG OMG I LIVE WITH FAMOUS PEOPLE!!!ONETHOUSANDAHUNDREDANDELEVEN!!

Anyone want Koop's toothbrush? $500 and it could be yours! AtomX's opened coke that's in the fridge? $499! Act now and I'll throw in a hair I found on the sink that could belong to either of them. :O

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:06 am

This has been said a lot already, but I'll repeat it for emphasis. If you want to be known, be seen. Be everywhere. Whore yourself out in every subcommunity. Post in every forum, don't shut up in the chat rooms, and post a new journal entry every five minutes. Show up at as many conventions as you can, and make sure people know you're there.

In essence, if people keep seeing your name, odds are good they'll remember it.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Aimaime-san
Org Profile

Post by Aimaime-san » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:06 am

I'm known!!... but not for my videos unfortunately... *sigh

and I wouldn't have it any other way really

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:06 am

godix wrote:Here's the truth on how to become at least semi-popular. Be an asshole. Seriously. It works.
sayde wrote:There are other methods to earn fame on the org too of course. In all actuality, you don't need an ounce of editting skill either. I can think of a couple users on this site who've become known based on their behavior within the forums alone.
And you said "everything" he was told was wrong.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Re: How do you get fame here?

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:07 am

godix wrote:Here's the truth on how to become at least semi-popular. Be an asshole. Seriously. It works.
Yeah cuz if it works for one guy, it must be what works for everyone.

There is some truth behind this. If you're an asshole, you criticize. If you criticize, it means you're a better person. You're more intelligent, you're more talented, and you see flaws that others ignore. If you see those flaws and don't ignore them, you're more perceptive and probably meticulous, which will make you the better editor. Even if people genuinely think your videos suck, they will watch them because they are weak and insecure, and don't have the guts to say a video sucks, so they'll praise your video hoping to god that you really do know something that nobody else does. And everyone else will think the same thing, because you're an asshole, and you see right through everyone else. And it's important to declare praise for a good video, because it means that *you're* perceptive and have good taste, so you must be a good editor.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Nessephanie
Cookie Monster
Org Profile

Post by Nessephanie » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:07 am

I will so take that open Coke!!

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:11 am

sayde wrote:
sayde wrote:There are other methods to earn fame on the org too of course. In all actuality, you don't need an ounce of editting skill either. I can think of a couple users on this site who've become known based on their behavior within the forums alone.
And you said "everything" he was told was wrong.
Sorry, you aren't famous enough for me to pay attention to.

Return to “General AMV”