Hats off to the AMV masters

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Ellderon
Org Profile

Hats off to the AMV masters

Post by Ellderon » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:27 pm

In the last two days I downloaded a lot of AMV's and started watching. I had some before, but the ones I got this time.. WHOA. Knocked me off my feet.

Given that I'm a big Escaflowne fan, I naturally have most of "his" AMV's. but also a lot of others like Macross, Cowboy Beepbop, Lodoss and mixed ones.

Some time ago I actualy tought of making my own AMV, but quit given that Adobe Premiere nad I weren't on good terms (to tell the truh, havn't tried much, given that I had to format my HDD just a few days after I installed it...and modeling and modding kept me busy). Recently I though about trying it again, but after seing some of these AMV.. I feel like an insignificant speck walking among giants.

I'm talking about the best AMV's I've seen so far, like:
- Armed and Dangerous(Mixed anime) - song: Heros
- Heaven is a place on Gaia (Escaflowne, series+movie) - song: Heaven is a place on earth
- I'll Meet you (esacflowne, series) - song: I'll meet you tehre
- Meatloaf Escaflowne(Escaflowne, series+movie) - song: I would do anything for Love
- Cowboy Beebop (by Ermac studios) - Pulp Fiction Soundtrack
- Eurobebop (by Justin Emerson)
- In Tenebris and Knightrider of Doom (Escaflowne)
- History of anime (mixed anime)
- Glory of Love (escaflowne) (NOTE - for some reason I can't comment on it, sez I must download it first, but I have downloaded it...???)

These are just to name a few but they are my favorites.

To their creators (and all other AMV makers) I say - THANK YOU. You made my day.
Wathing these I get that tingly feeling of mixed joy and sorrow. My only regret is that too often, people with such great talent don't get the attention they deserve.
- Tolkien and Escaflowne fan -

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:37 pm

You think THOSE are good, you should download some of the ones made by people who knew what they were doing!

(I kid, I kid.)
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:44 pm

What jbone means is you should watch my videos exclusively.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: Hats off to the AMV masters

Post by Scintilla » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:49 pm

Ellderon wrote:- Cowboy Beebop (by <b>Ermac studios</b>) - Pulp Fiction Soundtrack
- Eurobebop (by <b>Justin Emerson</b>)
:lol:
Ellderon wrote:- Glory of Love (escaflowne) (NOTE - for some reason I can't comment on it, sez I must download it first, but I have downloaded it...???)
Sure, but did you download the LOCAL version? :?

(Yes, I'm still against this policy and would love to see it removed.)
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:54 pm

Ellderon wrote:- History of anime (mixed anime)
That one was by Sammy. You might be interested to know that he made such an impression that about a year ago some people made a <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... tribute</a> to Sammy which he even collabed on. If you think Sammy's video is good you'll be absolutely floored by the timing, meaning, and talent put into the tribute. It's easily superior to Sammy's solo projects.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:41 pm

Beowulf wrote:What jbone means is you should watch my videos exclusively.
That was the worst self promotion ever, shame on you. (even if you are a magical and sexy creature) If you want some pretty cool stuff, check the past VCA's or maybe a FEW videos on the top 10%.

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm

guy07 wrote:
Beowulf wrote:What jbone means is you should watch my videos exclusively.
That was the worst self promotion ever, shame on you. (even if you are a magical and sexy creature) If you want some pretty cool stuff, check the past VCA's or maybe a FEW videos on the top 10%.
He ment anything he didnt touch :|

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:48 pm

what do u mean by touch .... :o

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:37 pm

Ellderon wrote:- Glory of Love (escaflowne) (NOTE - for some reason I can't comment on it, sez I must download it first, but I have downloaded it...???)
I am guessing you used my "DIRECT" link and thus cannot comment since you need to use the "LOCAL" one. I am foolish enough to have my own paid hosting and this is the price I pay ;). I kid, it's easier for non-members to d/l via direct links so I made them.

In any case, I imagine this would suffice as a comment in itself:
Ellderon wrote:To their creators (and all other AMV makers) I say - THANK YOU. You made my day.
Wathing these I get that tingly feeling of mixed joy and sorrow. My only regret is that too often, people with such great talent don't get the attention they deserve.
You're welcome :).
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Esrhan
Org Profile

Post by Esrhan » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:10 pm

Ellderon wrote: I'm talking about the best AMV's I've seen so far, like:
- Armed and Dangerous(Mixed anime) - song: Heros
- Heaven is a place on Gaia (Escaflowne, series+movie) - song: Heaven is a place on earth
- I'll Meet you (esacflowne, series) - song: I'll meet you tehre
- Meatloaf Escaflowne(Escaflowne, series+movie) - song: I would do anything for Love
- Cowboy Beebop (by Ermac studios) - Pulp Fiction Soundtrack
- Eurobebop (by Justin Emerson)
- In Tenebris and Knightrider of Doom (Escaflowne)
- History of anime (mixed anime)
- Glory of Love (escaflowne) (NOTE - for some reason I can't comment on it, sez I must download it first, but I have downloaded it...???)
You have only scratched the surface with that list.

Return to “General AMV”