Top 3 vids based on downloads

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
princess myu
Org Profile

Top 3 vids based on downloads

Post by princess myu » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:45 pm

Just list your best videos based on your highest downloads. Also post your downloads next to them as well. As a bonus, you can descibe what your video is, just to explain how it got it's so manny downloads.

princess myu
Org Profile

Post by princess myu » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:49 pm

like this

CALL ME AL 258
sexy thing 110
i think i'm turning anime 107

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:48 pm

Meh, why not. I can understand the top one, but the reason for the order of the other 2 is time I guess (it certainly isn't quality). And of course, these are just as of this second... the numbers keep going up day by day for the top one.

I do ♥ Yuri - 533
Look at Them Now - 419
Taijitsu for Dummies - 414
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:09 pm

Sasuke and Naruto - 757
Kill Sephiroth - 196
Head Around You - 172 (this one sucks. my first amv, in fact. only has this many downloads because it's been here for so long)
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:11 pm

Hahaha...

...I want to see Koop's :shock:

Interesting comparison, actually - I hope the mods don't kill this since it'd be interesting to compare people's results here with those in the star ratings.

Me? From LOCAL links... (not counting Animasia)

The Wasteland - 1489
Damage - 283
RPBP: Slaughter of the Innocents - 262

I like this list better than the one for star ratings! Much closer to my own preferences, oddly enough :)

For the record, my most popular video (which is not hosted on the .org) is actually my "GMV" The Blind Man's Tale, which I am told has downloads in the tens of thousands (I have not had contact with the server admin for a while, but he gave me figures that made my jaw drop back when it was originally released)
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:09 pm

Eh, I'm bored. Why not?

How Not To Be Seen=1856
SPHS Anime Club Commercial=788
Onegai Teacher Opening - She=309 (this one I can't believe it even ranked)

Another thing to note is that all the above videos are nearly 3 years old. Of course, considering the way Python videos get hits out of the wazoo, I'm not too surprised about the first (heck, I've even found it on Kazaa and the 'tube - where I saw that someone had uploaded She as well). The Club Commercial's popularity has always had me scratching my head in disbelief.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:23 pm

Hm.

What Romance Entails... - 798 downloads - the combination sold this, but I'm wondering how many downloads it got when it was on the original server, which is no longer active

Consequences of War - 490 downloads - surprisingly, more than my other Eva video, though I think it's my best

Delicate Beauty - 423 downloads - anime might've sold this too

Those also go in order of highest star rating, but my fourth video, which has the fewest downloads, is also my newest and has the highest star rating. Which makes sense, I guess. I think this is the first time I've really noticed downloads for my videos.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:31 pm

You know, this thread may be useful in giving people perspective, although it also gives people something to whine about. I'm really shocked at some of the numbers I've seen so far.

As for me? It's fun to be a one-hit wonder. So very fun.

The Acceptance Speech (2826)

People who get it like it, and people who don't get it also like it. That's why. Only people who don't like it are the ones who actually expect good lipsync. BURN. (I've gotten better. Allegedly.)

[insert yawning gulf of the infinite here, no seriously]

Life in Death (617)
I have no idea why this one is second. It has lipflap, for chrissakes; I didn't know how to take it out yet. I love this video like burning, but it's not very good. I don't know any YnM fans, so I don't know whether there are 617 of them. Who knows.

My Own True Love (510)
This was plugged on the recs site of another editor, I think. That's the only guess I have. Heh.

Two of the other ones are one download apart. Oooh.

Flame-X
Org Profile

Post by Flame-X » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:32 pm

Since I'm bored, I'll post mine up anyways..

BLEACH AMV - CHANCE! <<< Overrated imo [1906]

BLEACH AMV - CHANCE!(contest version) meh.. [848]

RE-Tecnoed Life ~.~; [240]

temaranight
Org Profile

Post by temaranight » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:32 pm

Highest download..hmmm *goes and looks*

Abracadabra- 513

I can only assume the fanservice is what did this

Kingdom Bebop- 323

Can't Get You- 290

Return to “General AMV”