What kind of comments do you hate the most?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:14 pm

doomer000 wrote:wow that is something i would expect a quier to say. what video was it?
My Yu-Gi-Oh one, The Ultimate Dark Game.
¯\(°_o)/¯

Rev. Takahashi Fan
Org Profile

Post by Rev. Takahashi Fan » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:50 pm

"You know, this is actually too gory for Local. Also, I didn't like it. No timing, incorrect aspect ratio...stuff like that. This video shouldn't be on the .org for more than one reason, it seems. -_- 2/5"

It was supposed to have as much gore as I could fit in a AMV.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ImageImage
member of the "Pikachu must die!," club.

Nightowl
Org Profile

Post by Nightowl » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:54 pm

JudgeHolden wrote:Here! Here! .... they just drive me to drink .... more ...... :roll:

No, not really .... I'm already on my second liver ... :?
Drinking affects your liver? Fuck...

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:02 am

Cornwiggle wrote:THE ENDING CREDITS RUINED IT?! Who the hell lowers a video's score because they don't like the credits? The credits aren't even PART of the video.
If it's an emotional video and the credits are absurd, they can really kill the mood. If the credits play so soon after the end of the video that you can't hit stop or pause, the mood will be ruined every time you watch the vid. I've downloaded a few vids like that - even though I enjoy watching them, I have to get ready to hit to stop button during the last 20seconds because - honestly - funky credit music following a tearjerking video is like going to a movie theater where idiots make farting noises during the dramatic moments.

It hurts the reviewability because you can't watch it on repeat. With funky and innappropriate credit music every time you watch it the mood is ruined as soon as it loops. Silent bumpers, though, even if they're corny and innappropriate, you can just close your eyes till they're gone and the good movie starts playing again. It's mostly corny music attached to a sentimental video that kills the repeat value.

Still, I don't think credits are enough to lower reviewability more than 2, maybe 3 points at most. It depends on how emotional the video is and how mismatched the credits are for that particular vid. I like credits that are unique for each video the creator makes. Or no credits at all - that way I can repeat for hours without losing the mood the video creates.

/ontopic

I got a QC recently where someone said "wouldn't load, nice going" - it annoyed me mostly because it was a low bitrate mpg video. I can't imagine the computer that vid wouldn't "load" on, but if they had trouble with mine they must be spamming the heck out of all the xvid amvs they download from here. Not to mention the new "download a crapload of computer-killing things if you want to play this" mp4 vids popping up these days. This guy griped because a simple mpg wouldn't load...guess some people really can't play anything but wmv. o.O

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:55 am

Arigatomina wrote:
Cornwiggle wrote:THE ENDING CREDITS RUINED IT?! Who the hell lowers a video's score because they don't like the credits? The credits aren't even PART of the video.
If it's an emotional video and the credits are absurd, they can really kill the mood. If the credits play so soon after the end of the video that you can't hit stop or pause, the mood will be ruined every time you watch the vid. I've downloaded a few vids like that - even though I enjoy watching them, I have to get ready to hit to stop button during the last 20seconds because - honestly - funky credit music following a tearjerking video is like going to a movie theater where idiots make farting noises during the dramatic moments.

It hurts the reviewability because you can't watch it on repeat. With funky and innappropriate credit music every time you watch it the mood is ruined as soon as it loops. Silent bumpers, though, even if they're corny and innappropriate, you can just close your eyes till they're gone and the good movie starts playing again. It's mostly corny music attached to a sentimental video that kills the repeat value.

Still, I don't think credits are enough to lower reviewability more than 2, maybe 3 points at most. It depends on how emotional the video is and how mismatched the credits are for that particular vid. I like credits that are unique for each video the creator makes. Or no credits at all - that way I can repeat for hours without losing the mood the video creates.

/ontopic

I got a QC recently where someone said "wouldn't load, nice going" - it annoyed me mostly because it was a low bitrate mpg video. I can't imagine the computer that vid wouldn't "load" on, but if they had trouble with mine they must be spamming the heck out of all the xvid amvs they download from here. Not to mention the new "download a crapload of computer-killing things if you want to play this" mp4 vids popping up these days. This guy griped because a simple mpg wouldn't load...guess some people really can't play anything but wmv. o.O

It wasn't emotional, it was action/drama between Bakura and the Pharaoh. And I let the song finish before I put my credits in like I do in all my vids. I think this guy was just...an idiot.
¯\(°_o)/¯

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:56 am

Arigatomina wrote: It hurts the reviewability because you can't watch it on repeat. With funky and innappropriate credit music every time you watch it the mood is ruined as soon as it loops. Silent bumpers, though, even if they're corny and innappropriate, you can just close your eyes till they're gone and the good movie starts playing again. It's mostly corny music attached to a sentimental video that kills the repeat value.

I have a great FMA vid that I found but it has crappy Naruto credits at the beginning of it and I have to skip it everytime I try and have it on repeat, but that still didn't make me lower the score of it.
¯\(°_o)/¯

older_gohan
Org Profile

Post by older_gohan » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:52 pm

What I never understand is people who give piss poor scores because they don't like that anime or that song or that artist. I could care less if you hate the artist or his song. I could care less if you hate the anime. Your not grading on whether you like the anime. Your grading on whether the song actually fits with the anime in a process that gets some profound point across or your own idea.

If I wanted to convince someone to like the anime then I would watch it with them and tell them the good points. I jsut want them to grade my concept.

Although I did have a video that got people interested in a anime they weren't going to bother to watch. O_o

-GfN-
Org Profile

Post by -GfN- » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:01 pm

older_gohan wrote:What I never understand is people who give piss poor scores because they don't like that anime or that song or that artist. I could care less if you hate the artist or his song. I could care less if you hate the anime. Your not grading on whether you like the anime. Your grading on whether the song actually fits with the anime in a process that gets some profound point across or your own idea.

If I wanted to convince someone to like the anime then I would watch it with them and tell them the good points. I jsut want them to grade my concept.

Although I did have a video that got people interested in a anime they weren't going to bother to watch. O_o
*agreed.

but I have to give my two cents as well by providing the funniest and yet most stupid qc I received so far:

"looks like an amv. but i wanted to b sure and watched twice. it IS an amv!"

yay. just yay.

Jannis Nätke alias -Good for Nothing-

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:38 pm

I hate comments that just spaz out random shit... like the fallowing i recieved on my slipping away video some time ago:

"ZODIFJASD!!lqj1e1kj1!! Awezomeelfkajf;1!!!"

just type normal people -_-"

doomer000
Org Profile

Post by doomer000 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:48 pm

Niotex wrote:I like to say
"ZODIFJASD!!lqj1e1kj1!! Awezomeelfkajf;1!!!"
in my comments
That isn';t nice of you. :cry:
<a href=http://www.freewebs.com/doomers_lingo/>Learn to talk .org style Click Here!</a>
Minion wrote: does this amv make me look fat

Return to “General AMV”